Nose Job - Page 3 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

ST-8

Posted: 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Kind of an 03
City: Port Orange
State: FL
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #41

I ****ed up about a month ago had the clamps on with close to a half ton in the bed the back of the truck was slammed!!!
2004 RCSB ST- Diablo tuned, 4.56s w/ oem Lsd, 6.1 springs, 6.1 rods, Comp 260, billet circle-d 3200, Pacesetter LT's an ory, no cats, aem knock off intake an wideband, 1-ton trans cooler, bt egr delete, 3/6 mc. Gaughys spindal drop, longbars, rebuilt trans w/ red alto clutches an transgo shift kit, an quite a few non performance mods too!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

byrdawg13

Posted: 11-19-2012, 09:42 PM
City: United States of America
State: VA
View This User's Gallery
Post #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
So what's the benefit of removing it then on a truck with a flip? Yes, removing it on a truck without a flip will net you the thickness of the overload itself. That's why a lot of people remove it when they add shackles and still aren't leveled out in the rear. Keeping the overloads and clamping them to the leaf pack helps with axle wrap.
Whats the point? just another way to skin a cat i reckon. Maybe there are people out there who dont wanna do a flip. theres never one way to do something, and sometimes some ways are better then others, but does not mean others are wrong.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.......E. Hemingway "
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

byrdawg13

Posted: 11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRoc View Post
I tried putting them on today but I waited too long & it got dark on me. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. I found out my leafs aren't lined up perfectly. I could pretty easily hammer the u bolt part of the clamp on. But since the leafs aren't aligned perfect, it spread out the u bolt & its like a couple centimeters too wide & won't fit in the holes on the plate.

So I got a clamp & hopefully that will compress the threads of the u bolt enough so I can get it to align with the holes in the plate. Or if it comes to it, maybe drill the holes a little bigger.

Figured I'd try that before taking anything apart.
Do not redrill the plate to make a larger hole. the leaf springs u bolts will fit, I mean you took them out from there right? just try to bend them in a little, if you have to, wrap the threads with a rag and put in a vice and bend em just enough.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.......E. Hemingway "

ST-8

Posted: 11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Kind of an 03
View This User's Gallery
Post #44

Im torn between what I want to do next to it, should have some new shoes soon but dont know if i wanna lower it more or do something on the performance side. The truck does some minor issues that need addressing first, after that maybe some nice long tubes.. Maybe spindals..
2004 RCSB ST- Diablo tuned, 4.56s w/ oem Lsd, 6.1 springs, 6.1 rods, Comp 260, billet circle-d 3200, Pacesetter LT's an ory, no cats, aem knock off intake an wideband, 1-ton trans cooler, bt egr delete, 3/6 mc. Gaughys spindal drop, longbars, rebuilt trans w/ red alto clutches an transgo shift kit, an quite a few non performance mods too!

Voodoo

Posted: 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Motörhead For Life!
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #45

JonRoc, if you remove the wight from the springs you should be able to re aline then, it may take a BFH ..

2012 Ram 1500 TRADESMAN REGULAR CAB 4X2 8' BOX

Billet Technology Catch Can From moes-performance.com

"You Can't fix Stupid"

ST-8

Posted: 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Kind of an 03
View This User's Gallery
Post #46

idk if you took a pic when your truck had a load in it or not but the overload seems close to the other leafs, maybe its just the pic but min seemed to have quite a bit more gap

TylerB

Posted: 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
City: Daytona Beach
View This User's Timeslip
Post #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdawg13 View Post
Whats the point? just another way to skin a cat i reckon. Maybe there are people out there who dont wanna do a flip. theres never one way to do something, and sometimes some ways are better then others, but does not mean others are wrong.
JonRoc and ST-8 have a flipkit so I don't know why you are telling thrm to remove the overloads? It's gonna do absoultely nothing for them....

Sport model ≠ sport truck

JonRoc

Posted: 11-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Creature Of The Wheel
City: Near Nashville
State: TN
Post #48

No load in my bed when I took the pics. I may try to realign them. I'm thinking I won't gain as much drop, cause the overload pretty close as is. I went & got a clamp & gonna try that, with a rag on the threads to not mess them up.

What kind of wheels are you considering?

"Code Red" 07 Ram RC 2/4.5 2WD 4.7

Installed or Soon To Be:
McGaughys Deluxe 2/4.5-OEM SRT10 Hood-TMD Bumper Cover-EFX Rollpan-GrillCraft MX Grille-08 Intake Manifold
Offroad 17s Plastidipped-Flame Red Heads-SC3865 w/ Trans Upgrade-Airaid CAI-70mm TB-MF YPipe-Jet 180 Tstat
DMH ECutout-Jet Stream Scoop-SRT10 Wing-15% Tint-Nuvi 50LM-Cree 9W Rev LEDs-Radio Bez Painted Red
SiriusXM Radio-NS'ed Sonar Smoked LED Tails & Recon 3rd-Hawk HPS Pads-Belltech Street Shocks
Tailgate Bar-PW-6" Stubbie-BT Emblem-Mopar Batt Shield-Bosch Icon Blades-3W Int LEDs-Red LEDs in Engine Bay
Going To Buy Someday:
Matte Black Hood Stripe & Roof Wrap-Alpine Sys-Aeon Bump Stops
Gibson Shorties GP316S-BT Int Pieces-CF Mirror Covers

byrdawg13

Posted: 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
JonRoc and ST-8 have a flipkit so I don't know why you are telling thrm to remove the overloads? It's gonna do absoultely nothing for them....

that would make sense. not used to the whole drop scene.

JonRoc

Posted: 11-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Creature Of The Wheel
Post #50

I'm gonna try to put them on in a few minutes. Would hand tightening the bolts with a wrench be ok or do I have to tighten them with an air tool?

Might be a dumb question..I apologize..lol

Installed or Soon To Be:
McGaughys Deluxe 2/4.5-OEM SRT10 Hood-TMD Bumper Cover-EFX Rollpan-GrillCraft MX Grille-08 Intake Manifold
Offroad 17s Plastidipped-Flame Red Heads-SC3865 w/ Trans Upgrade-Airaid CAI-70mm TB-MF YPipe-Jet 180 Tstat
DMH ECutout-Jet Stream Scoop-SRT10 Wing-15% Tint-Nuvi 50LM-Cree 9W Rev LEDs-Radio Bez Painted Red
SiriusXM Radio-NS'ed Sonar Smoked LED Tails & Recon 3rd-Hawk HPS Pads-Belltech Street Shocks
Tailgate Bar-PW-6" Stubbie-BT Emblem-Mopar Batt Shield-Bosch Icon Blades-3W Int LEDs-Red LEDs in Engine Bay
Going To Buy Someday:

byrdawg13

Posted: 11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #51

i crank mine down and double nut em

ST-8

Posted: 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Kind of an 03
View This User's Gallery
Post #52

I just use a 3/4' ratchet.

JonRoc

Posted: 11-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Creature Of The Wheel
Post #53

I tried but i failed miserably...lol I think I'm gonna have to take it all off & realign the leafs so the holes on the plate will line up with the u bolt threads. I beat, clamped & hammered everything in sight. Lots of crap in the way like the tire & gas tank, couldn't find a good angle to clamp it at or to get a good enough hammer swing.

I think I'll have to take it to my exhaust guy & let him put it on the lift & take it all apart & realign the leafs. But by then I dunno if all that work will be worth a 1/2" or less of a drop.

I can barely get under the truck on the ground & I don't see a way I can clamp and or hammer it enough to realign the leafs or to clamp the threads closer together.

Installed or Soon To Be:
Going To Buy Someday:
Closed Thread