Some more Ebay Projector headlight test - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

DeMoN-HeMi

Some more Ebay Projector headlight test - Posted: 11-14-2012, 06:47 AM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

For a long time many have known me as the headlight whore since ive had every set of aftermarket headlights for a 3rd gen there is and since ive been customizing them for years now, well i noticed on ebay that a new set has popped up so i decided to buy them for fun and see if they were any good...

well they came in last night and i got to do a little testing with them and here are some of the results:

The LED strip is pretty bright but the halos suck as to be expected

With halogen bulbs the projector isnt bad...

Im gona try these with HIDs next and see what happens

2003 1500 HEMI QC -Slammed and Sprayed,
2014 Ram 1500 Black on Black Edition HEMI! - The hauler
2013 Charger - The Toy
1995 Camaro - The Project

"Dont Spread my Wealth, Spread my Work Ethic!"

"Debt is normal, be WEIRD" - Dave Ramsey

~> HOW TO - TINTING TAILS <~

~>IMPORTANT LED Replacement Bulb Info For 02-06 rams<~

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

racenut

Posted: 11-14-2012, 07:23 AM
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!!
City: Baton Rouge
Post #2

Stage 1 jetchip
E-Fan

Member "The Red Truck Club" #114
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

05SlvrBuLLet

Posted: 11-16-2012, 12:12 AM
City: Salida
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Keep us informed

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #4

I just don't believe I would trust the eBay stuff ... too many folks with problems.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years and Counting! ~

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 11-16-2012, 01:20 AM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcelhannon View Post
I just don't believe I would trust the eBay stuff ... too many folks with problems.

Ive ran all kinds of lights as you know, honestly most of the ebay ones arent all that bad, but the biggest problem with them is getting them aligned, most ebay projectors are a complete pain to adjust, i did get to do a short test of these with HID, the output was not bad at all, they still arent retro quality but no ebay projector is, maybe tomorrow night i can get out there and get some pix with HID, but if you like the style of rhese then id get you some, now that i gotnmy feel of them im just gona get rid of the amber in these and then sell em...

2013 Charger - The Toy

OS Inspector

Posted: 11-17-2012, 03:06 PM
State: WA
Post #6

the last photo is that with a 55watt HID in there?

imaxx21

Posted: 11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Crash™
City: Houma
State: LA
Post #7

halogen
Black Truck Club Member #58
"Don't Fear The Drone" Club Member #6
Train Horn Club Member #14 Nathan K5LA!!
Sport Edition Club Member #8

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoN-HeMi View Post
Ive ran all kinds of lights as you know, honestly most of the ebay ones arent all that bad, but the biggest problem with them is getting them aligned, most ebay projectors are a complete pain to adjust, i did get to do a short test of these with HID, the output was not bad at all, they still arent retro quality but no ebay projector is, maybe tomorrow night i can get out there and get some pix with HID, but if you like the style of rhese then id get you some, now that i gotnmy feel of them im just gona get rid of the amber in these and then sell em...
I got replacement OEM light off eBay but if I was going to do anything more than that, I just can't see trusting someone outside the DT group. Sure, there have been problem even with DT members but we were able to take care of that in house. That's kinda what I was trying to say.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years and Counting! ~

DrillerDave

Posted: 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
State: ON
Post #9

to the guy who started the thread, have your tired these headlights....http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SMOKE-06-09-D...ht_5718wt_1413

Im thinking about getting them for my truck but Ive always been cautious about eBay brand products.

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaxx21 View Post
halogen
Correct thats halogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcelhannon View Post
I got replacement OEM light off eBay but if I was going to do anything more than that, I just can't see trusting someone outside the DT group. Sure, there have been problem even with DT members but we were able to take care of that in house. That's kinda what I was trying to say.

I got cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrillerDave View Post
to the guy who started the thread, have your tired these headlights....http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SMOKE-06-09-D...ht_5718wt_1413

Im thinking about getting them for my truck but Ive always been cautious about eBay brand products.
Ive had those and they suck, stay as far away from them as possible, those are the worst ebay lights ive ever used!

2013 Charger - The Toy

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
Post #11

I did play with some really blue HIDs in them, and although the outut wasnt all that bright because of the blue bulbs, the cutoff looked good and filled the area very well, i need to get a normal 5k bulb or something for testing...

I do have a meesed up 4300k bulb, but i couldnt get it to work right, but when i tried it out, it was alot brighter than the blue lol

2013 Charger - The Toy

Closed Thread