Um.... - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

05SlvrBuLLet

Um.... - Posted: 11-13-2012, 10:05 PM
City: Salida
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

While looking through post I keep getting this ad appearing.

http://www.gfchips.com/dodgeram1500.aspx

What the heck is this and why is it an ad on this site?? Is this legit?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

I'll post this is the back and find out.
2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years and Counting! ~

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

ayalai10

Posted: 11-13-2012, 11:07 PM
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

If IAT means Intake Air Temperature sensor, then its same/similar to a "power wire". I had one on my truck, it may have improved performance, or maybe just a placebo. Anyhow, maybe because of my air intake it gave me a "high voltage intake sensor" CEL code so i took it off

05SlvrBuLLet

Posted: 11-13-2012, 11:18 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

I have seen similar stuff on ebay. What gets me is that it was an ad that I found at the top of this forum. I doubt its a legit item.

Daytona1445

Posted: 11-13-2012, 11:26 PM
City: San Jose
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

where on the screen are you seeing the ad? if its anything other than an ad at the top of the window you may want to scan your system with some good tools to make sure you didn't get any bugs, that is the only place I have ever seen them on this site.
2005 Ram Daytona GoMango RC #1445
Orange Truck Club Member #19
Performance
Mopar CAI / 4.56 Superior Gears / Auburn limited slip / Edge Converter / Shift Kit / Viper Fan with FK50p Controller / Edelbrock mid headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Underdrive / 195 t-stat
Looks and Sound
Night Runner 22s / DJM 2" arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch & Air assist / Alpine, Orion, JL, Kicker audio / SilverStar lights / Optima Yellow / AEM Wideband O2 in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner / Mopar Billet fuel door / Daytona floor mats
Future plans
Depends what I can afford.

05SlvrBuLLet

Posted: 11-13-2012, 11:45 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Yea it was part of the site at the top. Not a popup or another window. Part of this site below home forums gallery etc and above the actual forum

RUMBLE BEE 1546

Posted: 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM
BEE Ready!
Post #7

There BS. I have seen then and what they say in literally unbelievable and some have bought them and said it was a waist of money and did nothing. If they were legit, wouldn't we all have them?
2004 Rumble Bee #1546 4X4
Ryan
Performance: Super Chips 3865, K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust with 18" Magnaflow Muffler and Y-pipe, Power Wire, Sonnax Line Booster, Jet 180* t-stat, Taylor 8.2mm Shortie wires, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-fan, Grounded TB.
Appearance: 22" Black BOSS 334's wrapped in Nexen Tires, LED Tail Lights & Third, Shorty Antenna, Honeycomb Grill, Tint:5% Visor and Rear Window, Deadged, Retro'd 8000k Projected HID Headlights w/ SMD Halos, 3000k HID Fogs, Switchback LED Turns, Full LED Bulb Swap, Snugtop Tonneau w/ Stripe Extensions & 1546 in Stripe
Other: Kenwood KDC-X994, Pioneer 5ch amp wired to 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs in a custom ported box and 2 Kenwood Door Speakers, Clifford Remote Starter/Alarm System w/ Smart Start, Husky Floor Liners, Push Button Start, Jimmy Jammers.
Future Mods: Cam, Alarm Accessories (Motion Sensors, Microphone Sensors, Level Sensor, ect.)...

JonRoc

Posted: 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Creature Of The Wheel
City: Near Nashville
State: TN
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #8

It's just another one of those ebay scams. Your not gonna gain 60 hp or 4-7 mpg on a gasser with just a chip, if you could, superchips, diablo & the others would have came out with a tuner capable of that & it would probably cost 3 times as much as they do now.

You'll probably be lucky to get a couple hp & less than 1 mpg with this.

"Code Red" 07 Ram RC 2/4.5 2WD 4.7

Installed or Soon To Be:
McGaughys Deluxe 2/4.5-OEM SRT10 Hood-TMD Bumper Cover-EFX Rollpan-GrillCraft MX Grille-08 Intake Manifold
Offroad 17s Plastidipped-Flame Red Heads-SC3865 w/ Trans Upgrade-Airaid CAI-70mm TB-MF YPipe-Jet 180 Tstat
DMH ECutout-Jet Stream Scoop-SRT10 Wing-15% Tint-Nuvi 50LM-Cree 9W Rev LEDs-Radio Bez Painted Red
SiriusXM Radio-NS'ed Sonar Smoked LED Tails & Recon 3rd-Hawk HPS Pads-Belltech Street Shocks
Tailgate Bar-PW-6" Stubbie-BT Emblem-Mopar Batt Shield-Bosch Icon Blades-3W Int LEDs-Red LEDs in Engine Bay
Going To Buy Someday:
Matte Black Hood Stripe & Roof Wrap-Alpine Sys-Aeon Bump Stops
Gibson Shorties GP316S-BT Int Pieces-CF Mirror Covers

Last edited by JonRoc : 11-14-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Closed Thread