Air Suspension POLL - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

View Poll Results: Would you want your 2013 RAM equipped with the Air Suspension
Yes I think its a great idea and i want it! 66 64.71%
Eh maybe im not sure yet 27 26.47%
No way! sounds like a bad idea and wont last 9 8.82%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

I KING RAM I

Air Suspension POLL - Posted: 11-12-2012, 10:06 PM
City: Omaha
State: NE
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Just curious if people are interested and would consider getting there 2013 RAM equipped with the four corner air suspension.

Fully Loaded

Black Clear Coat, 8 Speed, 3.92, LSD

Mods
Front tint to match rears, Debadged, Gloss Black Powdercoated stock sport wheels.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

wyat72

Posted: 11-12-2012, 10:09 PM
PAID OFF!!!
State: IA
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

If the price is right, you damn skippy I'm intested.

Appearance Mods: Chrome Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Chrome Mopar Bug Guard, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Mud Flaps & Wheel Liners, Mopar Tow Hooks, Putco Chrome Door Handle Covers, AMI Chrome Fuel Door, Curt Customized Hitch Cover, Bully Locking Tailgate Handle, ACI Vanish Tonneau, Line-X Bed Liner, Autospring 2" Leveling Kit, Cooper Zeon LTZs.

Performance Mods: SuperChips FlashPaq, Volant CAI, 12589 Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe.

Red Truck Club Member #289
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Adidas_kn

Posted: 11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Agent Orange!
City: NW Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Going to be one of the options boxes I check when I order my 13 ' R/T.
09' QC 2wd, Custom Lift with air suspension, Custom fit 2011 2500 front bumper, Challenger style hood, color matched everything, Vararam, SRT8 headers, x-piped side exhaust, 87mm TB, V6 E-Fan, 4.56's, 35/12.50/20's on 20x9 Falken ORC wheels.
2014 Ram Express Regular cab with 8hp70 8speed trans and 3.21/limited slip rear.

Durty work by me, paint by Colin Hurst and retro'd heads by a crazy trucker.

Jadesmarine

Posted: 11-13-2012, 01:32 PM
fake it til' U make it
City: 29 Palms, Ca
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

I would be curious to find out if the air lift works with 4" lifts. If that was the case then when you go highway mode that drops 2" that would put you at around a 2" lift which would be like having a leveling kit lol. Then again if you go off road mode you would add 2 inches so you wouldhave 6". I think that would be pretty sweet.

14' Dodge Durango AWD R/T Hemi

Ram ( sold )
/ 4" Rough Country Lift (F-40.5", R-41.25" Falken AT's stock size)(F- 41.62", R- 42.75" w/35 toyos mt)/ Bilstein 5100 .7" / Diablo Trinity / S&B Cold Air Intake / Mufflex 14" Magnaflow / Magnaflow Y-Pipe / BakFlip F1 / Stubby Antenna color matched / Backup Sensors Color Matched / Tint 20% front/ 5% rear / 3.55 gears / Functional Sport Hood Scoops /

zxc700

Posted: 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM
State: OH
Post #5

One of the options I ordered on my 2013. Ordered truck Oct 8th and still WAITING for it to be built.

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
Post #6

This is one of those things that if I was interested in I'd want to see it on the trucks for a while. I don't know enough about it to give a real educated opinion on it.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

Second_Life

Posted: 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
City: Outaouais, Qc, Canada
State: QC
Post #7

If it give more payload capacity and towing capacity, then yes i would want it.

If not, then AirLift 1000 with a compressor does the job just fine.

Truxedo LoPro - Westin Premier 6'' Oval tubes - Sonnax line pressure booster - Dee Zee rubber bed mat - Magnaflow 12259 - K&N Aircharger - Bilstein 5100 set at 2.8'' - AirLift 1000 - Bully Dog GT for Hemi Plus

Noved

Posted: 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Ram n Ram Ram
City: Kansas City area
State: KS
Post #8

I am one of those that will wait for others to try it first and then I will give it a spin.
Former Trucks
2011 Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi CC 4x4 4.10s (2 Years ownership)
2008 Ram 1500 3.7L V6 RCLB 4x2 3.92s (3 Years ownership)
Former Mineral Grey Club Member #77

Scotrod65

Posted: 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Post #9

I'm certainly waiting to test drive an 'air equipped' truck on the roads I travel daily to determine if there is enough difference to merit the $$$. Anything else is just kinda "pokin' and hopin' "

thebluegoat

Posted: 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas_kn View Post
Going to be one of the options boxes I check when I order my 13 ' R/T.
I remember reading somewhere that it was only going to be available on quad and crew cab trucks.

Adidas_kn

Posted: 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Agent Orange!
City: NW Houston
View This User's Gallery
Post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluegoat View Post
I remember reading somewhere that it was only going to be available on quad and crew cab trucks.
I certainly hope not. I'm going to be custom ordering my truck mid to late next year so we'll have to see.
09' QC 2wd, Custom Lift with air suspension, Custom fit 2011 2500 front bumper, Challenger style hood, color matched everything, Vararam, SRT8 headers, x-piped side exhaust, 87mm TB, V6 E-Fan, 4.56's, 35/12.50/20's on 20x9 Falken ORC wheels.
2014 Ram Express Regular cab with 8hp70 8speed trans and 3.21/limited slip rear.

Durty work by me, paint by Colin Hurst and retro'd heads by a crazy trucker.

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #12

I really love the air suspension on the Buick PA but before I say 'yes' or 'no' for the same setup on the truck, I want to know what it's going to cost me to work on it and replace parts.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years 41-Days and Counting! ~

zxc700

Posted: 11-20-2012, 07:17 AM
State: OH
Post #13

They must all ready be having issues with the air suspension. I ordered this as an option on my 2013 Laramie, and it is keeping the truck from being built.
Told dealer yesterday to drop option from my order and GET MY TRUCK BUILT.

jayincali

Posted: 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Yo Daddy
City: So Cal. I.E.
State: CA
Post #14

Hope it's nothing like the old Lincolns you see driving around with the rear bumper scraping the ground and bouncing down the street like a basketball.

huntergreen

Posted: 11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Post #15

the air suspension is already on the jeep grand cherokee. if it improved the ride, although i think our trucks ride well already, i might go for it on my next truck in 7 or 8 years from now.

RW06GT

Posted: 11-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Post #16

The air suspension in my wife's GC Overland is awesome. It will definitely be on the menu when I order my ram. Waiting for the 8 speed.... ugh.

locogk

Posted: 11-22-2012, 10:59 AM
locogk
City: macon georgia
State: GA
Post #17

i am not crazy for first year changes

Truck and towing member #21

4 th gen truck club # 52 red truck club # 249

A yankee in rebel land but love the weather

MINE

2013 1500 crew cab hemi laramie flame red/silver with the goodies,bed mat tailgate cover
ram hitch cover, bed mat,step bars, in channel vent visors,window tint
chrome tailgate handle cover avs smoked bug shield factory brake controller a.r.e. cap, air lift 1000 air bags floor storage locks factory tow mirrors with chrome caps storage bin locks dash mat

hers

2013 dodge journey silver , dash mat window tinting

Posted: 12-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Post #18

I stopped by the dealer looking to get a new ram and tested out the laramie on the lot with the air suspension.

I was wondering if I should take a 12 on the lot with the deep discounts or get a 13 with the latest goodies....

So after testing the air suspension and seeing the other goodies, im sold on the 13s.

I am now thinking of holding out until the 6'4" beds come for the crew cabs.... but I love the air suspension.

It sits really low when at its park setting, good for loading, the dog jumping in and even just sitting on the tail gates...

when at the offroad 2 setting it is obviously up much high and creates some much needed ground clearance.

So yeah, if your thinking about the air suspension... get it.

Combine the air suspension, 6'4" crew cab box and the rear coils and dodge really has the best back section of any full size truck (whole truck in my opinion).

locogk

Posted: 12-06-2012, 07:04 AM
locogk
City: macon georgia
State: GA
Post #19

i jut added air lift air bags to my 12 love it

Truck and towing member #21

4 th gen truck club # 52 red truck club # 249

A yankee in rebel land but love the weather

MINE

2013 1500 crew cab hemi laramie flame red/silver with the goodies,bed mat tailgate cover
ram hitch cover, bed mat,step bars, in channel vent visors,window tint
chrome tailgate handle cover avs smoked bug shield factory brake controller a.r.e. cap, air lift 1000 air bags floor storage locks factory tow mirrors with chrome caps storage bin locks dash mat

hers

2013 dodge journey silver , dash mat window tinting

86bcook

Posted: 12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Skid's Customz
City: Borger, Tx
Post #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyat72 View Post
If the price is right, you damn skippy I'm intested.
X2!!! And it would be a comfy ride

2005 RCSB Hemi
THE SHOW
Completely Repainted, ABC Exclusive Cowl Hood, PURE Custom Tailgate Spoiler, Debadged!!, Honeycomb Grille with R/T elblem, 2/4.5 McGaughys drop w/ Chrome SRT-10 22's, OEM SRT-10 Pillar w/Autometer Tranny Temp, MRK Group silver interior package , 5% tint all the way around, 8000k hid's headlights and fogs, All led bulbs (int/ext), Power Show-N-Go Retractable, License Plate, DEE ZEE Tailgate EZ Down Strut Kit
THE GO
Comp 273 Cam, 6.1 valve springs and push rods, SCT 9550 Hemifever Tune, Pacesetter Headers and off-road x-pipe, Dual 14 inch magnaflows and exit out like the 2010's. With notched rear bump!! Bills custom intake w/ 1in throttle body spacer, Airram Scoop, NGK 5306's, Taylor Red 8.2 Thunder Volt Shorty Wires, Jet 180 Thermostat, Motive 4.56 gears, Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors with hawk pads, Prothane Sway Bar Bushings, Prothane Rack and Pinion Mount Bushings,

Www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363131

Closed Thread