Lets see those 3-D (3rd Gen Durango) Pics - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 3rd Gen (11 - Up) Forums > 3G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

Passwordiswhat

Lets see those 3-D (3rd Gen Durango) Pics - Posted: 11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
City: Sugar Land
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

I guess this is a start to a 3rd Generation Durango Picture Thread. I didn't see a previous thread started for the 3rd Gen's so I'll start it off. I won't take the credit. I got my pic ideas from a member of a Durango forum.

ITSARAM

Posted: 11-13-2012, 02:09 PM
City: Fairfax Va
State: VA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

Here are a few.
1st pic. Just brought her home.
2nd pic. Tinted the windows.
3rd pic. Plasti- dipped the wheels.
4th pic. Fender stripe and plasti-dipped grille.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pre-tint.jpg (161.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg tinted.jpg (167.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg paint 1.jpg (135.6 KB, 16 views)

09 Quad TRX4 HEMI
Detonator Yellow

Hot-rodicus supersonicus
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

ITSARAM

Posted: 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Post #3

The 4th pic wouldnt load.

09 Quad TRX4 HEMI
Detonator Yellow

Hot-rodicus supersonicus
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Passwordiswhat

Posted: 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Awe man. I wanted to see that 4th pic. Sweet ride.

ITSARAM

Posted: 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Post #5

Got it... just took some time and a few beers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grille.jpg (137.3 KB, 16 views)

09 Quad TRX4 HEMI
Detonator Yellow

Hot-rodicus supersonicus

Passwordiswhat

Posted: 11-14-2012, 07:08 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Sweet. That looks real good.

bikerlarry50

Posted: 11-16-2012, 05:57 PM
City: north ft. myers, fl
State: FL
View This User's Timeslip
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #7

ok itsaram; showed the gf your photo's of the wheels, she loves them. will probably do them in the next week or so since i'm due on the 29th to have my rt rotator cuff repaired and will be layed up for a few months. could i ask you to explain the proper procedure on this mod? i need to get it right the first time. might also try the grille also time permitting. any help appreciated, thanks, bikerlarry. ps your rig is lookin great so far.
as for me,i'm a retired ase master tech, co-own a 2012 dodge durango sxt, and my personal vehicles, my 99 ram 3500 1 ton van, a 06 hd nitetrain, & a 67 hd flh shovelhead , and a 99 sea ray bow rider boat

ITSARAM

Posted: 11-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Post #8

The wheels were very easy to do.
1. Remove the wheels and clean them well. (I used Simple Green)
2. Mask off the areas you don't want painted. ( I used masking tape on the valve stems and I took a deck of playing cards and slipped them between the outer edge of the rim and the tire bead. Much easier than trying to tape it off.
3. Start spraying. I put 3 coats of Plasti-dip on each wheel allowing time for a beer between coats. It goes on much easier than spray paint, doesn't run or sag easily.
4. Before re- installing the wheel I hit the inside of the wheel with a light coat of Plasti-Dip to cover up the light gray which is visible thru the wheel.
You could take all 4 wheels of at once and knock em out in a couple of hours. I took them off one at a time and spent the better part of an afternoon working on them.

09 Quad TRX4 HEMI
Detonator Yellow

Hot-rodicus supersonicus

bikerlarry50

Posted: 11-18-2012, 10:11 AM
City: north ft. myers, fl
State: FL
View This User's Timeslip
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #9

thanks itsaram, think i will give this a shot on friday or sat since she is off work for the holiday. will post photos afterwards. dont think i will do the calipers though. will see how it goes. have a great holiday friends, peace through strength, larry
as for me,i'm a retired ase master tech, co-own a 2012 dodge durango sxt, and my personal vehicles, my 99 ram 3500 1 ton van, a 06 hd nitetrain, & a 67 hd flh shovelhead , and a 99 sea ray bow rider boat

Yellowskeeter

Posted: 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Post #10

Newbie here buy here is mine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359558286.080471.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359558304.742332.jpg
Closed Thread