my ram has been rammed - Page 3 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

MoparCody

Posted: 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
City: katy
State: TX
Post #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramictec View Post
quick little update. went to DR today. So far i have a green light to keep the arm its not infected. still a very long road ahead. The truck has been totaled out and I am HAPPY with that figure. I get to go one more time out to it and pull the hemi badge off the right side of the truck. and say my goodbyes for good

i have a long road still ahead. i have been looking for a truck already. nothing will be just like her. but i can at least get a 4th gen and treat her right and let her treat me right
Thats great news about your arm. I like ur idea for the memorial for her. When my dad shattered his leg they almost aputated it. Glad to hear your doing good. And take it easy. Trust me my dad didnt and hes paying for it now. Dont over due yourself and you will do great. Take it easy.
Cody

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #42

X2 ... My Stepfather shattered his arm in a fall. He had to have rods, pins, and screws to hold everything together. Like Cody said, you just need to follow what the doctors and physical therapist tell you.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years 85-Days and Counting! ~

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Ron380

Posted: 11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Just a Comedian.
City: Ohio
State: OH
Post #43

X3 on the above! Especially the PT once the Doctors are done with you. It's going to really suck at first, but every step of it is very important to get the most use out of your arm later in life.

Good Luck with the truck shopping! Hopefully you can find something that you and your K-9 partner both like.

ceramictec

Posted: 11-09-2012, 05:33 AM
State: FL
Post #44

thanks everyone. two things the Dr said that would help my arm is playing XBOX. Its good for my fingers and motor skills. I play BF3 so the sniper class of breathing and shooting is a good one as well. He also asked if I was into firearms. HAHA my job. He said a rifle would be good as well . it will allow my arm proper bending and slow streching of the muscles. He said they did more that just put a plate in there. cardivascular work as well putting muscles and blood lines back as one. he told me it takes two people in this team. He the DR and ME the patient is the team. he has done a large part now i have to work on my arm and what i want it to do.

as far as the truck. that was a 06 QC night runner. it was loaded except 4x4 and a sunroof. so i will replace it with a 4th gen with everything but 4x4. I always wanted a sunroof and now is my chance. I hate two tone truck and chrome so will prob go with a solid color of red, blue, or black. and the K9 gets to go shopping with me he HAS to make sure that is what he wants. i am just his driver LOL.

my K9 has been so great during this time. i have 4 GSD including him. but my riding dog follows me around and tries to help me so much. he knows I am hurt. my wife thinks its so cute that he is like a nurse.

Ron380

Posted: 11-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Just a Comedian.
City: Ohio
State: OH
Post #45

Excellent!

jorben1990

Posted: 11-09-2012, 07:36 AM
City: Houston
View This User's Gallery
Post #46

Great story bud, i hope a speedy recovery for you! Xbox? Nuff said!!

Performance - Superchips 3865 / Magnaflow Dumped Exhaust / Twin Cold Air Intake/ Never knowing how little performace you have until your make a performance list, priceless.

Leveling Kit - Daystar 1.5 coil spacers.

Audio 1 12' Kicker Cvr122 in Stealthbox under middle front seat, Kicker DX 500.1 Amp, Pioneer Avh-p4300 screen , infiniti kappa series door speakers ran to cheap amp, upgrading soon.

Firepower: Taurus PT180 , shotgun coming soon for the jackers .

In loving memory of my brother from another, my best friend Eron Chapa 08/26/86 - 12/25/2010

This is your world I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #47

That's real good news ...

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Stickhemi

Posted: 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Stick shift or nothing
City: Nova Scotia, Canada
State: NS
Post #48

Wow thats quite a wreck hope you are well soon... Diddo on the K9

Bowjack

Posted: 11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Too much violence
View This User's Gallery
Post #49

Phenomenal news, keep it coming
* 2013 Ram Express - Mineral Gray Metallic Clearcoat - 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - Customer Preferred Package - 20"Chrome C Wheels - XHCP Trailer Brake Control, Spay-in Bedliner OEM, Tow Mirrors w Puddle Lamp, Dealer Installed Mopar Under hood Lamp, Dealer Installed Mopar Backup Camera Rear View Mirror Assist, Access Vanish Tonneau Cover, Molded Mud Flaps w 3M Tape, ETC... -

_______
Previous Dodge Vehicles
*2007.5 Bright Silver - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Factory Sunroof / Quad Cab / SWB
Hemi Gone but not forgotten
*2004 Graphite Metallic - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Quad Cab / SWB
Hemi
*2003 Black - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Std Cab / SWB
5.9L
*1991 Dodge Monaco LE
*1971 Dodge Coronet Stock

Smokeybones

Posted: 11-24-2012, 02:20 AM
City: JAX FL/LEX KY
Post #50

Any updates? Get another truck? Arm doing better?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

01 2500 4x4 ext cab Lwb Cummins!
Silencer ring MIA, 3" Exhaust, K&N Intake 2.5 leveling kit SOLD!

1997 1500 4x4 ext cab sport Arctic White SOLD!

1999 1500 4x4 ext cab Sport Electric blue SOLD!

1998 1500 4x2 360 Single cab LWB SOLD!
Flowmaster 40 No Cats True Duals
Rhino spray in liner
Tint, Rain Guards, Bug Shields
100k Club!!!!!!!!!! #35
Cracked Dash Enthusiast Club #19
Blue Dodge Truck Club Member #216

05SlvrBuLLet

Posted: 11-25-2012, 11:39 PM
City: Salida
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #51

Yes updates please!! I am glad that you are alive!

ceramictec

Posted: 11-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Post #52

Sorry I have been in and out of DR appts and lawyer offices. Last week my wife had off so I tried to spend as much time with her as I could. Still having BAD nightmares of the crash that wake me up in the middle of the night in a work out like fever. I have to go back and see the arm DR this week to see my progress. Thursday this week has been a month. I know they want to put me in a machine for physical therapy to bend my arm with the plate. I lost the nerves and meat in my elbow so its gonna take alot of time to heal. What percentage of my arm I get back is still unknown. I am getting finger movement back in that hand. Alot of that has come from playing XBOX for finger control.

I am still shopping for a truck but seeing I can not drive till FEB no rush. So far the truck i build a 4th GEN to replace the night runner is at 48 k. A lamarine pretty much loaded with no 4x4. The only thing I ever wanted in the other one was a sunroof for my cigar smoking.

Here is a picture of my arm xray. THe before and the after surgery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arm snap.jpg (4.5 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg arm plate.jpg (39.9 KB, 34 views)

ceramictec

Posted: 11-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Post #53

I will also tell everyone this. Take care of your RAM, they hold their value. I have been looking for another 3rd gen used and its crazy. I found another nightrunner just like I had without leather and they wanted 19.2 for it. It had over 100k on the needle.

The doctor did tell me I cant drive a stick anymore. So i may have to get rid of the SRT next year. But i am holding out to see where my arm therapy goes and how much I get back. Our daughter wants to drive it but i think its way to much power for her.

Well I still come and read the forums cant wait to get a new 4th gen in the driveway. The only thing I hate on them is the bucket seat model the gear tick is in the center console. The other thing is the hood and the grill are not one unit. I loved having the grill and hood come up so i could clean up in the engine area.

Still waiting to see what they are gonna auction the truck off at. I know what the insurance gave me. The quoted 6 days to rebuild that truck . That was funny by itself. There was not much of the drivers side left and the interior had so much glass in the leather.

Well once again thanks for all the good thoughts my way.

Horai

Posted: 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM
City: Derbyshire, England
State: OTHER
Post #54

I'm just glad you escaped mostly intact. As far as another truck goes, just be patient, something always comes along.

Rich 2500

Posted: 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
City: Chesapeake City
State: MD
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #55

Quote:
The doctor did tell me I cant drive a stick anymore. So i may have to get rid of the SRT next year. But i am holding out to see where my arm therapy goes and how much I get back.
Hey bud, just between you and me the Doc's tend to be very, very pessimistic. There is not a doubt in my mind that you will be able to shift that stick just fine, don't be too hasty, wait 6 months and see. Have faith brother.

Elec. Blue 07 2500 Thunderoad QC Hemi 4X4

BTC #181

Mopar Cai, Mopar SS Nerf Bars, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Wheel Well Liners, EGR In Channel Window Vents, Tinted Windows 30%, Hella 500's behind the grill, Gibson Dual Sport Catback Exhaust, Magna Flow "Y" Pipe, Jet Stream Scoop, Power Wire, LineX Bedliner, Flexalite 180 Efan (shrouldless), Jet 180 Thermostat, Edge Evolution (used as monitor) DiabloSport Predator, Solid Steel Industries-Steering Stabilizer, Carli Starter Suspension System, Carli Adj. Track Bar, Toyo 35/12.50/17 MT on Stock Wheels, Carli Anti Sway Bar, Xeon Fogs 6000K

Thanos 02

Posted: 11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Project Kenpachi '07-
City: Wichita
State: KS
Post #56

Seeing a picture like that, makes me want to get my Ram back on the road that much more...

Glad you're okay.

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE

Current list of planned mods
** Rethinking Everything**

Project Kenpachi Underway (got rid of girlfriend and getting rid of the house...)

Replaced 4.7 with 5.7

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich 2500 View Post
Hey bud, just between you and me the Doc's tend to be very, very pessimistic. There is not a doubt in my mind that you will be able to shift that stick just fine, don't be too hasty, wait 6 months and see. Have faith brother.
X2!

You would believe what they told my folks when I was hurt in a mountain climbing accident. They told my folks it would be years and that was only if I lived though the night. By the grace of God, I was home in four weeks. Two weeks after that, I was back in school. It was hard and a long road back but I'm OK. The doctors are going to tell you the worse case scenario and then when things go better, they're happy as butter-n-toast.

Do what the doctors tell you and the machine that moves your arm really does help. My step-father had his knee replaced and they used a machine for his leg. He said it didn't hurt at all and kinda felt good. He's doing great and he doesn't have a problem out walking me.

Bowjack

Posted: 11-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Too much violence
View This User's Gallery
Post #58

Add the fact that you were active, young, and strong before the accident, which makes for a better chance of moving far beyond the Doc's expectations for you. In cases such as yours, they / Docs set the bar very low, and one can see why; but it's not like you are saying I'm going to throw 90mph fast ball or something. When you're facing possibly longer than you hope recovery time, and being told what you won't be able to do. Always remember the power positive thinking, and know there will be days when your gun-ho, and others when your felling low. Best of all, you are still here to kick up a little dust my man
* 2013 Ram Express - Mineral Gray Metallic Clearcoat - 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - Customer Preferred Package - 20"Chrome C Wheels - XHCP Trailer Brake Control, Spay-in Bedliner OEM, Tow Mirrors w Puddle Lamp, Dealer Installed Mopar Under hood Lamp, Dealer Installed Mopar Backup Camera Rear View Mirror Assist, Access Vanish Tonneau Cover, Molded Mud Flaps w 3M Tape, ETC... -

_______
Previous Dodge Vehicles
*2007.5 Bright Silver - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Factory Sunroof / Quad Cab / SWB
Hemi Gone but not forgotten
*2004 Graphite Metallic - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Quad Cab / SWB
Hemi
*2003 Black - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Std Cab / SWB
5.9L
*1991 Dodge Monaco LE
*1971 Dodge Coronet Stock

04 1500

Posted: 11-30-2012, 03:31 PM
04 1500
Post #59

Ouch that hurts bro. Sorry to see that.

TexasAxMan

Posted: 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM
City: Houston, Texas
Post #60

Wow! I just bought a second '06 Hemi Ram after having an accident in my first. Got hit from behind by a Ford Flex, I have a dented tailgate and bumper, his is totalled. After seeing what these trucks can take, I had to buy another.

Best of luck on the recovery. Docs do give you worst case so they don't get sued. I have faith that you'll be jamming gears with time.

Listen to your doc and your lawyer. Make sure the lawyer approves everything you post on here to preserve your case.
eBay CAI
Motive 4.56's

2006 Black SC Hemi 2WD
SuperChips 3865
Bed Rug
eBay CAI