factory cruise control installation - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Neon Talk > Dodge Neon - General Talk

Closed Thread

1975cordoba

factory cruise control installation - Posted: 04-07-2012, 12:42 PM
State: OTHER
Post #1

i recently bought an 02 neon that has everything except cruise control, does anyone here know if i can install factory cruise control without redesigning the wheel [too much trouble and money] in other words parts from a junk yard i know i can get aftermarket crusie but i wanted to retain the factory look.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TX_Firehawk

Posted: 04-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Neon Master Mechanic
City: Houston, TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

Nothing stopping you from pulling parts from a junkyard and installing them as far as I know. Should be a matter of the electronics inside the cab and an extra cable on the throttle body that is controlled (I am pretty sure) via a vacuum actuator. A Haynes or Chiltons manual would tell ya for sure.

"Doubling down on stupid is not a particularly good idea"~Breitbart http://biggovernment.com
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

1975cordoba

Posted: 04-10-2012, 07:02 AM
State: OTHER
Post #3

it's been my expirience with chilton's and other over the counter so called repair manuals that they would never have anything this specific mentioned,there used to be so many more people at this forum what has happened to change this? I thought maybe someone would have gone through this same issue and had some good personal opinions that would help.perhaps i will try neon.org i love these neons both 1st and 2nd gen they have very few issues once taken car of these cars at least the 3 i have had have run for a very long time without nothing but fuel and an oil change.Maybe someone else will ring in with some more info.

TX_Firehawk

Posted: 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Neon Master Mechanic
City: Houston, TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

2gn.org would be a GOOD place along side neons.org. And I looked at my 1st gen Haynes book and it tells you how to mess with it but no pic and would not be enough for an install. Check those sites, someone has done it before : )

"Doubling down on stupid is not a particularly good idea"~Breitbart http://biggovernment.com
Closed Thread