factory cruise control installation - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 PM
1975cordoba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
factory cruise control installation

i recently bought an 02 neon that has everything except cruise control, does anyone here know if i can install factory cruise control without redesigning the wheel [too much trouble and money] in other words parts from a junk yard i know i can get aftermarket crusie but i wanted to retain the factory look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-08-2012, 11:09 PM
TX_Firehawk
Neon Master Mechanic

Nothing stopping you from pulling parts from a junkyard and installing them as far as I know. Should be a matter of the electronics inside the cab and an extra cable on the throttle body that is controlled (I am pretty sure) via a vacuum actuator. A Haynes or Chiltons manual would tell ya for sure.

Black 97 2.4L Coupe

"Doubling down on stupid is not a particularly good idea"~Breitbart http://biggovernment.com
#3 Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 AM
1975cordoba

(Thread Starter)
it's been my expirience with chilton's and other over the counter so called repair manuals that they would never have anything this specific mentioned,there used to be so many more people at this forum what has happened to change this? I thought maybe someone would have gone through this same issue and had some good personal opinions that would help.perhaps i will try neon.org i love these neons both 1st and 2nd gen they have very few issues once taken car of these cars at least the 3 i have had have run for a very long time without nothing but fuel and an oil change.Maybe someone else will ring in with some more info.
#4 Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
TX_Firehawk
Neon Master Mechanic

2gn.org would be a GOOD place along side neons.org. And I looked at my 1st gen Haynes book and it tells you how to mess with it but no pic and would not be enough for an install. Check those sites, someone has done it before : )

Black 97 2.4L Coupe

"Doubling down on stupid is not a particularly good idea"~Breitbart http://biggovernment.com
Closed Thread