Did The 3in Body Lift on my 08 1500! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > DodgeTalk Marketplace > ZoneOffRoad.com

N1K

Did The 3in Body Lift on my 08 1500! - Posted: 03-24-2012, 05:48 PM
City: Littleton
State: CO
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Been talking about it for a while now. Kits installed so now I can start doing all the rest of the stuff. Only thing I have to do to finish the bl is the exhaust and the hitch and I may have to adjust my bumper a little.
The Install was really easy. A big thanks to Will225 for posting the steps that don't need to be done on the newer trucks. I came across a couple more as well. I'll have to go back and look at the directions to see which ones. Big thanks to BigPink for helping me out!
My kit was slightly used it was on BigPinks Ram for a while.
I'm happy with it for the most part. I would change a couple things. I'm unsure if the newer kits have this problem I don't think they do as Bigpink had told me Zone was in the development stages with there steering extension when he had problems with installing it on his. I would want this piece to be made to fit and work better. Worried me a bit. As at first it was not working out all that great . But I got it handled. I knew it had to work as it did on his truck. I also wished the bolts in the kit were better but I'm really picky about that so there fine for the most part. Steps I found that are skipped or changed from my truck are. Steps 51-56 my power streering cooler and rad and shroud the holes lined up for me to just attached the cooler mounts to the shroud mounts on the rad. Mounting of the washer/overflow bottle once in my truck left the hose a little short. I just cut a longer one from some fuel hose I had. In step 88 the rear bracket wasn't needed from fig 32. Not sure if this because my truck doesn't have the dampner or why it doesn't have one or what it does. In step 101 my winch mount only has 2 bolts.
Step 103 is also skipped since I didn't have to remove it. There might be a few others like that but its easy to figure out while your doing it.
A few tips I found were the body mount bolt washers needed from the old bolts it was alot easier for me to just grind the bolt just below the washer and it falls right off and the bolt can be used again if you decided to take the kit off where hammering damages the tip and takes longer.
-Installing the support blocks for the bed a gear wrench made this a ton easier as there isn't much room to tighten.
-Taking the body mount bolts out with an impact dont have your face to close to the gun or be under the mount as nasty ass swamp water dirt mud crap flings and drains out of most of them and it tastes really bad. lol
-Dont jack the body to much higher then the puck as it makes it harder to get the bolts started straight. Makes the pucks harder to place but you dont want a cross threaded body bolt.
-Factory plugs suck and each one is differant and you have to be super patient and gentle to not break them and you will want to if you get stuck on one. The fog light one got me forever it felt like. It slightly has a chewed on look to it but works and none of the clips are broken on it.
Heres some befores and durings. Its more work to take pics and do writeups then doing the install. Just get out there and do it its not hard!
You'll see by one of the pics I did the bed first. You can see it's really not that big of a change. Getting in out and driving is a change at first but you get used to in a couple days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 051.JPG (705.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 050.JPG (836.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 049.JPG (626.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 048.JPG (824.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 047.JPG (747.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 044.JPG (671.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 042.JPG (645.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 041.JPG (846.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 035.JPG (537.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 040.JPG (697.2 KB, 7 views)
Black Truck Club #223

Last edited by N1K : 03-28-2012 at 08:27 PM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Zone Offroad

Posted: 03-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Steve
City: Coldwater
State: MI
Post #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1K View Post
Been talking about it for a while now. Kits installed so now I can start doing all the rest of the stuff. Only thing I have to do to finish the bl is the exhaust and the hitch and I may have to adjust my bumper a little.
The Install was really easy. A big thanks to Will225 for posting the steps that don't need to be done on the newer trucks. I came across a couple more as well. I'll have to go back and look at the directions to see which ones. Big thanks to BigPink for helping me out!
My kit was slightly used it was on BigPinks Ram for a while.
I'm happy with it for the most part. I would change a couple things. I'm unsure if the newer kits have this problem I don't think they do as Bigpink had told me Zone was in the development stages with there steering extension when he had problems with installing it on his. I would want this piece to be made to fit and work better. Worried me a bit. As at first it was not working out all that great . But I got it handled. I knew it had to work as it did on his truck. I also wished the bolts were better but I'm really picky about that so there fine for the most part.
A few tips I found were the body mount bolt washers needed from the old bolts it was alot easier for me to just grind the bolt a just below the washer and it falls right off and the bolt can be used again if you decided to take the kit off where hammering damages the tip and takes longer.
-Installing the support blocks for the bed a gear wrench made this a ton easier as there isn't much room to tighten.
-Taking the body mount bolts out with an impact dont have your face to close to the gun or be under the mount as nasty ass swamp water dirt mud crap flings and drains out of most of them and it tastes really bad. lol
-Dont jack the body to much higher then the puck as it makes it harder to get the bolts started straight. Makes the pucks harder to place but it you dont want a cross threaded body bolt.
-Factory plugs suck and each one is differant and you have to super patient and gentle to not break them and you will want to if you get stuck on one. The fog light one got me forever it felt like. It slightly has a chewed on look to it but works and none of the clips are broken on it.
I need to take some pics and download the ones I have off my phone and post umm.
I'll come back and edit and finish. Stupid Work!
Awesome feedback N1K, we certainly appreciate it!

I will be forwarding this on to our R&D department so they can utilize your suggestions in the installation instructions wherever possible.

Post up some pictures asap! You got us all excited, now don't make us wait!!!

Now offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of Zone over $100 to Dodgetalk members. Send me a PM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

N1K

Posted: 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM
City: Littleton
State: CO
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Sorry for the wait here's the best one I have right now.
Couple before I had to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (828.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 053.JPG (700.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 054.JPG (694.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 052.JPG (463.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (678.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (680.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg wheelin 004.JPG (778.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg wheelin 006.JPG (906.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg wheelin 002.JPG (593.5 KB, 2 views)
Black Truck Club #223

Last edited by N1K : 04-02-2012 at 10:37 PM.