Installed - 10" of Lift on a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel w/ 40" Tires - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Top Gun Customz
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Installed - 10" of Lift on a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel w/ 40" Tires

Installed - 10" of Lift on a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel w/ 40" Tires

We just finished this 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel. This truck has what is going to be called our Pro 5 coilover conversion. It utilizes 2.625" Nighthawk RESERVOIR coilovers, conversion brackets, etc.

This customer had this truck shipped straight to us before even taking possession of it from the dealership. It has ZERO miles on it. The customer also opted to go a little taller than 8", so we chose 12" travel coilovers, giving a final lift of approximately 10" in the front. The TGC crossover steering that this truck now has is a must at that height, and keeps this truck steering flawlessly. The customer has since purchased an adjustable track bar to compensate for the additional lift. The customer drove the truck back to his home state of Alabama and stated it rides and drives better than he ever imagined.

Installed Components:
8" TGC Black Ops Edition Pro 5 Long Arm Suspension Lift System w/ Nighthawk Black Ops Edition Reservoir Coilover Upgrade (Modified to 10" of lift)
TGC Black Ops Edition Dual Steering Stabilizer w/ Nighthawk 2.0 Reservoir Stabilizer Shocks
TGC Steering Upgrade System
TGC 1.5" Rear Pro Rate Mini Leaf Spring Pack
TGC 3" Rear Hand Fabricated Lift Blocks
TGC Indexing Ring
Prototype TGC 4" Rear Leaf Spring Hanger System

Amp Research Power Steps
Recon Smoked Projector Headlights

24x12 American Force "Independence" Wheels
40x14.50x24 Super Swamper M16 Tires

Another item on this truck that we have been testing for quite some time is our innovative 4" BOLT IN rear leaf spring hanger/shackle lift system. More on that as it gets closer to being released, but here's an image to give you an idea...

More photos from this install

Supporting Vendor
We Pride Ourselves on Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction.
Give us a call at (865) 681-3008
www.topguncustomz.com
Find Us On Facebook

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 PM
SEAN1STRAM

OMFG that is gorgeous!!!! Great work!!

His - 2010 Brilliant Black 4x4 Crew Hemi/Rambox

Mods done: Linex, Volant CAI, 2.5" TGC level kit, Bakflip F1, stubby antenna, tow hooks, 50% tint front windows, Flow Pro muffler dropped at axle, Nitto Terra Grapplers 275/65R20 on stock rims, N-Fab steps, Sport Hood

Mods to do: skid plates

Hers - 2014 Wrangler Limited Altitude edition all black. Mods on the way.
#3 Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Wizza92278
Official Fuddy Duddy

Thats a lotta sessy hardware there....nice job.

2012 2500 Megacab 4X4, MOPAR 4 inch lift, Anthem Offroad 20x9 Defenders, Toyo ATII 295/65-20, S&B Intake, MBRP Cool Duals....
Just your average retired Jarhead, into just about everything nuts and bolts
#4 Old 01-28-2012, 10:14 PM
04Ram2500Hemi
Same Name, Different Game

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I like most of the truck- but I really do not like those wheels. I've never understoond the 20" plus wheels on a truck, and these 24" wheels really just don't work for me. Something tells me this guy is never going to go much more extreme than a big dirt pile behind the mall. It's a shame too because the suspension under the truck has potential.

2012 Ram Power Wagon
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch
#5 Old 01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
charlie_francis

love it
#6 Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 PM
SoTexRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
I like most of the truck- but I really do not like those wheels. I've never understoond the 20" plus wheels on a truck, and these 24" wheels really just don't work for me. Something tells me this guy is never going to go much more extreme than a big dirt pile behind the mall. It's a shame too because the suspension under the truck has potential.
I agree....them wheels suck. That is definitely NOT an off-road truck. Why these kids jack em up so damn high to render them absolutely useless is beyond me. A good 3", 4", 5" or 6" with 33", 34", 35" or 37" tires on a 15",16" or 17" wheel makes for a classic look that will take you there and get you back from about any place you want if you use your head and a little commonsense. If you need more then build a strictly off road vehicle like those in Top Truck Challenge. JMHO

And yes the truck looks damn good but....well see above!

#7 Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
HEMI-Guy4x4
U.S.M.C.

awesome truck. hopefully it sees some deep mud. i saw a truck the other day that was this tall and it had street tires on it. even more sad was the fact it had glowing accent lights as well. i stopped while walking through the parking lot and started talking to him and he said he doesn't take it out because he got stuck last time he did. i cried a little inside when i found that out. there should be a law against truck abuse lol
#8 Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM
HollaifyaHEMI!!

Looks amazing!!!

And to all you guys b***ing about it being a pavement queen and never seeing the mud........I don't blame him if he never takes it off-road! I never understood why people get bent out of shape when someone chooses not to take their $40,000-$60,000+ truck off-road. What's wrong with just wanting a badass looking lifted truck to daily drive and/or pull trailers with? Co-workers and friends always ask me when I'm going mudding in mine and my answer is always "Never!". My truck hauls my dirt bikes to the motocross tracks and looks damn good doing it.

On the other hand, I'm not bashing people who use their trucks either.......for things like farming, hunting, or even recreational off-roading, but I think those same people should understand if someone doesn't want to do that with theirs when they are paying $800+ a month for them. I used to go mudding in my daily driven '08 Ram until I hydro-locked the motor while doing so. Needless to say, I will never take that risk in my current truck.

2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab (White)

Mods: Pro Comp 6", Bilstein 5100s (2.8" setting), RCX 1.25" body lift, Fuel Hostage 20x10 (black), Toyo M/T 35x12.50, de-badged, (2) RE 10" subs, 5% tint, powdercoated antenna (black), 0212353's painted headlights (black), Luminics Ultra White highs/lows/fogs, LED interior/exterior bulbs (cool white), Aero Turbine AT3030 single w/ Magnaflow Y-pipe, Hypertech speedometer calibrator, Line-X premium bedliner, Nitro 4.56s, shaved tailgate/grille badges, painted tow mirrors, Air Lift WirelessONE w/ Air Lift 1000 airbags
#9 Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM
trickedinferno

Truck looks good! One of my customers has a 2011 2500 Mega Cab with your 8" long arm modified to 11" worth of lift on 24s/40s. He is also using your traction bars. The components are built very well!
#10 Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Hosey

Wow, just wow. im gona need a few minutes alone.

#11 Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Hosey

was just trolling on Kijiji and came across this....now i might be crazy but.....are these the same truck??????

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ420392649

#12 Old 10-23-2012, 04:33 PM
04Ram2500Hemi
Same Name, Different Game

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosey View Post
was just trolling on Kijiji and came across this....now i might be crazy but.....are these the same truck??????

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ420392649
$70,000 Canadian/$70,540 USA Currency- LOL! That guy is DREAMING!!!

2012 Ram Power Wagon
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch
#13 Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Johnnyfizzle
Johnny

I hate who owns this truck lol
#14 Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

Wow that truck is absolutely amazing and everything is beautifully proportioned. I hate when guys get the big wheels with rubber band tires (similar to the tires that came with my wheels...new tires ordered ) but I also hate when guys have huge tires on tiny little wheels. This truck is awesome and being it's his truck I guess he can do whatever the hell he wants with it but I wouldn't blame him for not going extreme off roading. That would be a PITA to clean after the fact.

2011 Ram 1500 4wd
#15 Old 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Shots
The Irish brotherhood

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTexRancher View Post
..........A good 3", 4", 5" or 6" with 33", 34", 35" or 37" tires on a 15",16" or 17" wheel makes for a classic look that will take you there and get you back from about any place you want.......
I agree completely. Honestly I really don't see the need for 35's or bigger, but on the right truck you can pull of 37's. People get all jacked in the head about the numbers. They care to much about what number they get to say when people ask how big the tire is, and forget about how the truck actually looks. Trucks like this one posted look like crap IMHO. Sure there was a lot of money put into it, and it may be a quality kit, but I don't like it.
To me it completely kills the look of the truck when the body and chassis look like two separate vehicles. The body just kinda looks like it's hanging out above the chassis. I think what really kills it, for me, is when the body is above the tires (or almost over the tires). Look at this thing, the bottom of the body is above the top of the rim (and that's a 24" rim). Not my taste at all.
I like a modest lift 4-6 inches, with a practical tire 35" or less. For an off-road look, more sidewall is better. I don't understand the ghetto rim craze. Why put a 24" rim on a lifted truck? Honestly I don't particularly care for the 20" stock rims on a lifted truck either, but they do look good on a street version. I took the chrome 20's off my '07 and put on 17's with a mud tire. I specifically looked for 17-18 when I swapped them on my '12 too.
To each their own though. Obviously there is a market for items like this or else they wouldn't sell them. It's his/her money, his/her truck, (s)he should enjoy it. Hats off to a job well done though, even if I don't care for the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaifyaHEMI!! View Post
Looks amazing!!!

And to all you guys b***ing about it being a pavement queen and never seeing the mud........I don't blame him if he never takes it off-road! I never understood why people get bent out of shape when someone chooses not to take their $40,000-$60,000+ truck off-road. What's wrong with just wanting a badass looking lifted truck to daily drive and/or pull trailers with? Co-workers and friends always ask me when I'm going mudding in mine and my answer is always "Never!". My truck hauls my dirt bikes to the motocross tracks and looks damn good doing it.........
I actually agree with you on this. I have an Outdoorsman. I put an aggressive tire on it, it's leveled, and when the weather improves I'm putting a 1.5" body lift on it (obviously a cosmetic mod, not a functional one). Will I run it through the mud? Probably not. Sure I'll take it off road to get to a camp site, hunting spot, hiking trail head, kayak drop, etc, but I'm not going to beat it up. If I'm on a trail and there's a giant mud hole that I can get around, I'm going around it. I completely agree with you about not beating up a $40K truck. I wanted the Outdoorsman because it looks good, has some nice options, AND because it's got some outdoorsy features (puddle lamps, skid plates, tow hooks, etc). Just because it can make it through some rough stuff doesn't mean it has to. I've seen to many busted up trucks from playing in the field/woods. Serious off-roading should be left to the 20 year old truck with 150K miles on it. And FWIW even at $300/month I'm still not intentionally running my truck through rougher terrain than I need to. If I can get where I'm going by driving through a field instead of a mud hole I'll do that every time. Of course if the only way there is through the mud hole, then that's why I've got the package I do with the tires I do. I just don't see the need to beat up a $40K truck, you're completely right.

Shots:2014 CC Sport

Mods:
2" level / Tint 50 fronts 20 backs

..............................Would you risk your life for $1,000,000?..... A cop does it every day for a lot less.
#16 Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Shots
The Irish brotherhood

PS for all of you who say this will be so capable off road. Not really much more than a modest lift will do. The only real gain you get on stock trucks is the radius of the new tires. The problem is you'll always have the differential in the way. So this guy spent thousands of dollars to go 10" with 40" tires, but really has only gained 2.5" over what someone with a $70 leveling kit and 35's has. The 40" tire only gains you 1/2 that 5" difference over the 35" tire, and it doesn't matter how much travel your suspension has when you're hanging up on the differential, or any of those stabilizing/steering components hitting debris. If you want a true off-road vehicle buy a Humvee (not H2, the real thing), or a purpose built off-road truck that relocates everything. Just me, but thousands of dollars for 2.5" doesn't really seem worth it to me. Not to mention how much it cost him for tires when these wear out, AND the chance that he's not even legal height for street use now.

Probably not in Ohio, but I'd have to measure it:
4,500 lbs. and under GVWR 24 inches 26 inches
4,501 lbs. to 7,500 lbs. GVWR 27 inches 29 inches
7,501 lbs. to 10,000 lbs. GVWR 28 inches 31 inches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift issue.jpg (185.1 KB, 171 views)

Mods:

..............................Would you risk your life for $1,000,000?..... A cop does it every day for a lot less.

Last edited by Shots; 02-15-2013 at 12:28 PM.
#17 Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

Here ya go shots...

9be26c59.jpg

WhiteF150.jpg

2011 Ram 1500 4wd
#18 Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Shots
The Irish brotherhood

Ha ha!!!!!

Well played sir. I sure hope that 1st one is a photoshop. The second one actually looks pretty good (fake or not).

Mods:

#19 Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 AM
NoPlugsRequired

I can see spending several thousands of dollars for a suspension that will get you travel and handle the abuse of going fast and hitting whoops and the like... but not this.

Yea, I used to be all about this look... but it's jsut that a look. Because unless you start goign real crazy and putting in a set of UniMog high-clearance axles, you're not gaining much in the way of clearance.

'12 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 4x4 CrewCab Longbed
Carli 3" "Dominator", Trussed and Hydo'd front, AFE Intake, Deleted, 4" TBE, 37" Toyo M/Ts on TrailReady 5 Black/Black wheels, H&S Mini Maxx Race w/ Trans unlock and MCC tuned by Draconian, ISSPRO triple pillars (EGT, Boost and Drive Pressure), ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor, Custom Tube Bumper, Custom Bed Supports, AMP steps, Race Radio, Spare Tire Lock and enough Lighting to need sunglasses at night

#20 Old 05-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Loomie

Great kit, i run the PRO 4 system on my 2012 truck and we are about to install the new PRO 5 system on my 2013.

Best kits out!

Andrew Lowe
DTW Tx chapter Truck of the Year 2005

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.