Wheel bearing hub removal '97 Avenger - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk > Dodge Caravan General Talk

Closed Thread

tobytigger

Wheel bearing hub removal '97 Avenger - Posted: 11-26-2011, 07:39 PM
State: OTHER
Post #1

I tried to remove the front drivers side wheel hub on a '97 Avenger, 2.5L and got stuck when I couldn't get to one bolt with a socket. Is there a simple way to remove the hub off without taking apart tie rods, etc. Thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

t_s

yes indeed - Posted: 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
State: OTHER
Post #2

I have a 98 Avenger, but did not have to remove the arm. After you remove the axle nut, the drive axle can be slid toward the transmission enough to allow a socket to access the hub bolts. In the case of my tools I had to use a shallow (normal) socket with a short extension to position the rachet where it would align with the bolts.
Hope this helps !
---ts
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread