Challenger Q&A Event - Pre/Post-Event Chat Thread - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Ron Wilson
Ron Wilson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Challenger Q&A Event - Pre/Post-Event Chat Thread

In prep for our event, I thought we would open up an event "chat" thread here. Since the Q&A Thread Posting Guidelines for this event is strict in it's format (by design), this will allow our members a place chat about the event. This open thread can also allow the Dodge engineers and designers a chance to get answers to the questions our members may ask prior to the event, making response time quicker.

Have at it and Enjoy!

05 Hemi Ram 2500 QC SB RED Laramie 4X4 - More to follow
--------------
01 Durango 4X4 RED RT
--------------
08 Sunburst Orange Avenger SXT
--------------
08 RED Dakota
--------------
1965 WM300 FF Power Wagon - Restoration Project
--------------
DodgeTalk.Com
Online Community For Dodge Enthusiasts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2008, 04:09 PM
CajunPW
Power Wagon #1605

Awesome, I cant take part in this, so please ask when B5 Blue will be available.

2005 White Power Wagon #1605 aka Double Stuff

Current Mods:
CajunPW Locker Bypass Harness// CajunPW Winch Thermal Bypass// Warn 16.5ti Winch// Power Wagon Winch Accessory Kit// Blingy 20's with Interco M-16 Swampers

Coming Soon:
H2 Wheels// 315/70-17 Tires (Not sure which ones)// Carli Extreme Duty Ball Joints (on order)// Carli Chromoly Control Arms// All Spicer U-Joints// Thuren Trackbar// 08.5+ Steering// Thuren Resi Shocks// Snorkle// DT Profab Steering Brace// Nerfed Rock Rails
and I am sure someone will help me spend more money

Contact me for your very own Power Wagon Locker Bypass and Winch Thermal Bypass

#3 Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
CajunPW
Power Wagon #1605

woah, I am the first to post in this thread.

Current Mods:
CajunPW Locker Bypass Harness// CajunPW Winch Thermal Bypass// Warn 16.5ti Winch// Power Wagon Winch Accessory Kit// Blingy 20's with Interco M-16 Swampers

Coming Soon:
H2 Wheels// 315/70-17 Tires (Not sure which ones)// Carli Extreme Duty Ball Joints (on order)// Carli Chromoly Control Arms// All Spicer U-Joints// Thuren Trackbar// 08.5+ Steering// Thuren Resi Shocks// Snorkle// DT Profab Steering Brace// Nerfed Rock Rails

#4 Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
mopar fan
Retired DT Admin

I would like to know what gears are available in the R/T model. I've heard conflicting reports from 3.08's to 3.91's.

Name's AL

Proud Member of the Original WCPW Club
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them.

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

Last edited by mopar fan; 11-20-2008 at 02:35 PM.
#5 Old 11-19-2008, 05:00 PM
CajunPW
Power Wagon #1605

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar fan View Post
I would like to know what gears are available in the R/T model. I've heard conflicting reports from 3.06 to 3.91's.
same here

Current Mods:

Coming Soon:

#6 Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 PM
pirahnah3
Official qwerty thief

i just want to know whats been said about a vert and if there is a timeline for one yet

Jim

PROUD MEMBER WCPW (the origional thread)

Silver Truck club member #5

Cloudcars.org

1955 1/2 Dodge Town Panel Truck Buildup happeneing
The Green Reaper

2002 Dodge Dakota R/T
#7 Old 11-20-2008, 03:35 PM
caliberay

MDS & gas milleage

Have an 09 R/T ---Electronic convenience group, my gig nav. wheels and sunroof--------How do we know when MDS is on or working------Now have 2400 miles and the best MPG so far has been 21.6 with cruise set at 64 on level roads...I reset EVIC after cruise is set. Thanks Ray
#8 Old 11-20-2008, 03:59 PM
bigdaddywiz

I have an '09 R/T with the 6-speed and wanted to hear your take on proper break in for the engine. I've heard everything from "drive it like you stole it, break it in how you want it to run" to "baby it for the first 1000 miles and change the oil" and everything in between. set me straight please!

that leads me to another question. i've heard there is special oil from the manufacturer that allows the coatings on the pistons and other internal parts to cure completely so its important to keep that oil in there for the first couple thousand miles. is that true and can i switch to synthetic, say after I put my first 1000 miles on it?

thanks!

Rides:

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T - (27J Package) 6-speed, 20-inch wheels, leather, hemi-orange
1973 Plymouth Road Runner - all original w/ 56k on her, base 318,copper/bronze metallic
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 H.O.- all original, 305-L69, black, for sale
1990 Honda Civic DX - nothing interesting except that it gets 40mpg and is stone-ax reliable
#9 Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM
rtED

When will the R/T Classic 1) be available to order and, 2) when will the car be on dealer lots. I have been greatly anticipating this car ever since i heard it was going to be built. Thanks.
#10 Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Ron Wilson
Ron Wilson

(Thread Starter)
This pre/post event chat thread has now been reopened for your pleasure!

WAS ANOTHER GREAT EVENT, thanks folks!

05 Hemi Ram 2500 QC SB RED Laramie 4X4 - More to follow
--------------
01 Durango 4X4 RED RT
--------------
08 Sunburst Orange Avenger SXT
--------------
08 RED Dakota
--------------
1965 WM300 FF Power Wagon - Restoration Project
--------------
DodgeTalk.Com
Online Community For Dodge Enthusiasts
#11 Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM
crispiegee

That's the first time I've ever attended an event like that and it was very cool.

It's a shame they have to be so tight lipped about future plans, but understandable given the competitiveness of the industry. (Plus, sometimes plans just change due to circumstance and people get mad when they feel that you've promised something and didn't deliver.)

Personally, I'd really like to see a better steering wheel and the ability to completely defeat the traction control on the R/T.

(That's in blue font in case they're reading this.)

I'd also like to see a shaker hood, but I wouldn't be opposed to finding that on the aftermarket, if someone will build a fiberglass hood and shaker scoop for less than $1,400. The weight savings alone would be worth it! HXC Performance is now selling a shaker package with a new hood, but it's $2000, which seems a few hundred too high.)
#12 Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 AM
crispiegee

One other thing, if the Dodge guys are still listening:

For 2010, please get rid of that hideous ram's head on the nose of the car. Everyone on the Challenger forum agrees that it's tacky. Let the Challenger make its own statement!

(Similarly, I thought the big Pontiac arrowhead messed up the front end of the GTO. Why do car companies have to do that? We KNOW what brand it is!)
#13 Old 11-26-2008, 02:49 PM
AN03RT

[QUOTE=crispiegee;2634467]One other thing, if the Dodge guys are still listening:

For 2010, please get rid of that hideous ram's head on the nose of the car. Everyone on the Challenger forum agrees that it's tacky. Let the Challenger make its own statement!

I strongly agree
Lose that goat head emblem!
#14 Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Hi Gear

At the SEMA show the 2009 Challenger SRT10 was on display and very real. Will the Challenger SRT10 go into production??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.