DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 TRX "Murdered-Out" Transformation Progress (PICS!)

4K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  myoung84 
#1 ·
Thanks to all who have gladly assisted and answered my stupid questions as i have gotten comfy with the 4th Gen platform. i am LOVING my truck and really starting to see the final masterpiece in my head now with some solid progress made. i have a baby (Little girl) on the way, so i am trying to fast track the MAJOR things in the transformation now while I can.

Bone Stock "Grandpa Mobile":

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First Steps:

Kill the running boards
Bilstien 5100 Level (a bit more effort than i thought it would be)
VHT the Tails and Mirror under carriage lenses
Install Toolbox

Attachments

#3 ·
Next Step, Wheels & Tires

Attachments

#4 ·
That's already a major improvement! Looks great!

#6 ·
Thanks man! Im impressed so far. not a huge fan of the XD Rockstars, but i picked these up with under 8000 miles on them from a co worker.... $1200 for the set with Trail Grapplers and TPMS installed. i couldnt hardly pass that up.

#5 ·
So far:

- Cortex Programmer
- Bilstien 5100 Level
- VHT tinted Tails, mirror lenses, etc
- XD Rockstars
- Nitto Trail Grapplers
- Black Low-Pro Toolbox
- Body color matched Antena mount

Next Items on the list:

- Smoke (or paint) Headlights & Fogs
- Debadge
- Tint front windows
- Air Grabber CAI
- POSSIBLE black rhino lining of Silver painted trim
- Bushwhacker Flares
- NFAB or GoRhino Step bars (prego wife is insisting)

Anyway, Thanks again to all who have helped me decide and answer questions.

What else am i missing?!?!?

#7 ·
That's a great deal on the wheels, you can't buy the tires for that much.

For the steps, I would consider Bestop powerboards. They drop down lower than any other step and will be much safer for your prego wife to climb on. The N-Fab style steps don't give you much of a step and can be slick when wet. The powerboards will also be nice when you start having to load the car seat in the truck.

Congrats on the baby! I've got a prego wife due in July...

#8 ·
Nice looking truck!
I will be doing the Bilsteins/wheels/ tires thing too within a few weeks.

Also congrats on the impending new addition to your family.
My son (John Dodge Hoffman) was born on Thursday.

#9 ·
Your TRX is a 2WD correct? Explain what you did to level it.... please!

Never mind....duh.... I can see in the pic that it is NOT 4WD! Sorry man! Looks great so far!

I have the same truck as you, except 2WD. I recently added black headlights. It makes a world of difference in the looks.

#10 ·
I see a half shaft in the tear down pics, it's a 4wd....

#11 ·
Yes,

4WD... The bilstiens were a bit labor intense on the 4WD install, but let me say this... WELLLLLLLLLLLL worth it. So much so Ill soon be replacing the rear shocks with them as well. the ride is night and day difference.

COngrats on the New addition and upcoming July Baby! Our lil minion is due March 31.

Ill look into the Drop Bars.

#17 ·
Thanks guys!

20X10 Rockstars w/ 295/55R20 Trail Grapplers.

#15 ·
AWESOME!

Do something with the head lights paint the inside housing darker so they dont stick out too much :p

#19 ·
Truck is looking SICK dude! Awesome job

#23 ·
Man that sat really low for a 4wd it seems. But looks much better now!
thanks man!

and yes, I always thought it sat awfully low for a 4WD, let alone a TRX which is supposed to be +/- 1" higher than a regaular 4WD...

#24 ·
Lamin-x is pretty thick and is very durable. Putting it on the fog lights is very easy. I went with the lightest color and it didn't seem to affect light output, but I also have HID's in my fogs. For reference, the fogs without the lamin-x looked just like the lights on my light bar. It makes a big difference. The second pic is compared to the stock headlights.

#25 ·
I'll try to get some decent pics.... I installed a Smittybilt light bar the other day but still have my Hellas behind the grill.... have not moved them yet. Also ordered some Hella 700ff so still waiting on those. But I'll post something up.

#26 ·
Awesome, i would love to see it! Im looking at ligyht bars today. Im torn between a pre-runner bar or just a plain light bar. cant decide. i really like how the Pre-runner bar is canted forward. looks mean.

#29 ·
I looked back through my PM's to see what shade I bought. The pics I posted above are the "tint" shade.

Here are the colors they offer:

Tint (lightest)
Gunsmoke (med)
Smoked (med-dark)
Charcoal (dark)

#28 ·
Nice work so far Dane! :tup: :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.