DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2002 Grand caravan sport Where is the location of the Second fuse box (dash n turn )

36K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BIG_BAD_BOB 
#1 ·
PLease help
Have been to Napa plus other places

Dash lights and turn signals do not work?
I have located the under the hood fuse panel but where the heck is the inside one?
And is that where my turn signal and dash light fuses are

Please advise
TIA
Jan

#3 ·
I also have a 2002 Caravan. My gauges in the instrument panel are dead and I have no turn signal or warning lights on the upper panel. Also, no hazard flashers. I disassembled the dash, but I cannot find any fuse box anywhere under that dash. Apparently, there is no fuse box other than the one in the engine compartment. I am at a loss as what to try to fix my problem. everything else in my van works (Wipers, brake lights, courtesy lamps, heater blower, AC, etc...). Other than that, my van runs fine. Any constructive suggestion is appreciated.

#4 · (Edited)
Hello Handyman
I found this somewhere on the net. It would be great if this works!
Also if that does not work they suggest disc. battery and then re-connecting?
I have been posting for a friend who has the dodge and she has not tried this yet. I hope its one of these or the other suggestions become more complicated and expensive.
Please try it and tell me it worked and please post back your success :)
Good Luck
PS also I have read there is another fuse location "behind a panel at the end/side of the dash" (not under) We have not found it neither :(

"go to the fuse box under the hood, there is a 10 amp fuse all the way to the right (furthest from front bumper) labelled memory IOD or something like that. Pull it out, and put it back in. (hmmm) I have no idea what IOD stands for but it fixes my dead panel every time. "

#6 ·
Heres your fix I hope.

I had the same problem with my dash lights and turn signals till yesterday.
On the (+) terminal of your battery there are three wires, 2 big ones and the smaller one. The smaller one is your problem. It goes directly to your fuse panel. On mine it was towards the front of the panel on the side towards the drivers side. There is three wires going into this particular plug-in. It was a brown wire with a red strip. Just get a piece of wire about 3 feet long and jam it into the plug-in and hold it onto the battery to test first. I suspect your dash will come to life. Mine did. Good Luck. Post if this also fixes yours please.

#7 ·
Hi Jan. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try it tomorrow. I have found a panel on the end of the dash, passenger side. Still can't find any fuse panel. I believe now that there is no second fuse panel in these vans. Otherwise, it would be accessible. I will also try Big Bad Bob's suggestion. I'll post the results as soon as I can.

#8 ·
wow Bobs idea sounds good and it would explain why the disconnecting the battery and or pulling and replacing the IOD thingie works .. temporarily .. because in fact you are jiggling the bad or loose wire .. I bet it is indeed the wire.

I have heard of people paying $1000 to get this fixed
crossing fingers and toes
Thank You Bob :tup:

Will definately post results
.. Good luck Handy :tup:

#10 · (Edited)
Handyman and cndjan,

I spent a week of pulling off wires and fuses, cleaning the ends of everything up only to find out that a 15 cent piece of wire and 20 cents worth of wire connectors fixed it. Just lucky I had a week off work to frig around with it myself. I can almost guaran"dam"tee you this is the problem.

BIG BAD BOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.