DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBK Shorty Headers - Update

21K views 147 replies 33 participants last post by  Big Boi 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on these. I just spoke to my rep at BBK, and they currently have a 4th gen hemi truck in the shop for R&D. They are scheduled to begin working on the new flanges late this week, or early next week. They told me they would call me personally when these are ready to go, so cross your fingers that they get it done quickly. I know many of you are tired of waiting on JBA, so this is going to be a great alternative for the guys that dont want to spend $1500 on the ARH longtubes or wait 1-2 months for a set of JBA's.

#128 ·
It is taking them a long time to get these released, but they are still going to be a great option for a fraction of the cost of longtubes. The JBA's are going to run around $1000 after you add the y-pipe and cats, so a $400 set of coated shorties starts to sound really nice for the guys that arent looking to squeeze every last hp out of their motor.

#129 ·
Wow, I can't believe they did it again.

#133 ·
The shorties cost more to build than long tubes and we have to pay thousands of $$$ to get them 50 State approved - CARB tested. That is why other brands are less as they are not 50 State legal. You have many tight compound bends with a shorty that need to be fitted and welded vs 4 full tubes that come straight down and get put in a collector. Materials are not the main cost in headers.:rck:

#139 ·
Updates?

Who's running these and how do they like them?

#141 ·
Between the drama of the JBA thread, and me looking at a 2013... Im looking for headers

#142 ·
I know its hard for most to justify the cost of the ARH longtubes, but they are hands down the best performing headers you can buy. They have been tested by numerous customers and have shown awesome results both on the dyno and the dragstrip. We even have a customer that switched from JBA shorties with stock tuning to ARH longtubes with a Hemifever tune, and he picked up 66hp from just those 2 mods. That is well worth the cost of the longtubes.

#145 ·
I know that guy....he's pretty happy that he switched to longtubes.

#143 ·
Since JBA hasnt released their Long tubes they seem to be the only Long tube solution.
However all Ive read is problem regarding fitment of the ARH headers

#146 ·
Any check engine lights with the arh?

#147 ·
None on mine...I've heard of others having them though. It's a simple fix if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.