DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Running board poll

8K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Stryker6040 
#1 ·
What do you guys think black oem mopar tubular side steps or black N Fab cab length steps

#2 ·
black N Fab cab length steps ALL THE WAY :rck:

#4 ·
Generic wheel-to-wheel here. And I like to add if you get t-boned, they act like a bumper. Which has saved my butt a few times.

:)

#5 ·
The factory set ore nice but if you are putting more then 225-240lbs on them you can feel them sag. The mounting spots are a little less then they where on my 3rd gen. It had reinforcements that went to the frame.the 4th do not..

#7 ·
N-Fab coated with Line-X

#8 ·
Amp or Bestop power steps. :D

#9 ·
they look like a nice product but im still not convinced on anything power like that, espcieally living up in michigan, i could see them not working in the winter due to salt or them freezing up, and if you decided to go mudding or to the dunes, mud and sand get everywhere, N-FAB is your best bet

#13 ·
I liked the Go Rhino!

#14 ·
N-fab!

#15 ·
looks like go rhino has a set call dominator series like the nfabs but actually has mounting info in the instructions on their page and their set mounts in three factory places and looks to have a better step. how does the nfab mount compared to the go rhino called nfab several times to get the info but they never answer or reply back

#16 ·
I'd go with the full length factory mopar boards. I think the 2013's or late '12's run the full wheel well to wheel well length.

The N-fab running boards I seen online, (if they are the one's you are talking about) appear to have only a small dedicated step area. That means you can only use that small area of step exactly where N-fab welded it or you have to use the very tips of your toes to cling to the round supporting bar.

I tend to go with a form follows function doctrine when buying add-ons, so ...

If the purpose of the exercise is to a add step so that you can either get in the vehicle by placing your foot in whichever location is the most comfortable for you or if it's to stand on a platform to reach anywhere that's tall on the truck, then I'd go with the flat factory full length bars. (Again, the n-fab bars I seen have small step area)

If the purpose is to have a cool looking accessory, then get the one that looks coolest to you.

#17 ·
also looking at getting some step bars for my truck looking to do a lift down the road and i dont want factory ones and the two im between is the n-fab and go rhino also, heard some pros and cons of each and the big factor i heard was drilling 1 inch holes for the n fabs, i dont like that idea, any suggestions ????

#18 ·
nfab man myself...BUT make sure you get what makes you happy!

#20 ·
To all that posted n-fab how was the install? I cant get n-fab to answer to phone or emails i send them and I cant find any instructions on the install. Heard in a few places that you have to drill 1" holes to mount the brackets also looks like the ends of the bars are open and not sealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.