DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help!! Code P0760 and P0700

14K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pandeyrs 
#1 ·
I need help. I have a 98 Dodge Grand Caravan and tonight, while driving it, the thing stopped shifting. It does not shift out of first gear. I got the codes from Auto Zone, P0760 and P0700. I know that P0700 is just a basic code for any tranny problems. Does anyone know what the heck P0760 is and what are the things I need to be looking for...sensor? wires? solenoid? Any clue on the pricing on some of this stuff. I have absolutely no clue where to start. P0760 is A malfunction in shift solenoid "C". Help is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Sounds like you need a new solenoid pack. Not an uncommon fix on these vehicles. It's external on the tranny, and not extraordinarily expensive to fix. I think some others on this board have replaced one themselves. Definitely don't let anyone talk you into a rebuild of the tranny, which they may try to do.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Rick

#3 ·
Sorry I didn't post my solution earlier. Rick, I have to give you kuddos..you saved me a thousand dollars. It ended up being the solenoid pack. After replacing the solenoid pack and changing the tranny fluid again, it runs like new. You were right, every tranny person we talked to said that at our mileage, we were sure to need a new tranny. They even said that the solenoid pack "may" work for ten minutes, a month, or a few but eventually we will need a new tranny. Conveniently, this came from every tranny "salesman" in town.

Again, thanks for saving me so much money.

Renee

#6 ·
I tried to post a response to this thread yesterday and I have no idea where it went. So here am I trying again. My 98 Plymouth Gr. Voyager SE 3.3L V6 has the same codes 0760 and 0700 with Service Engine soon light on. It went in limp mode and would not shift from 2nd to 3rd or 4th. The fluid is like new and Launch CReader scanner was unable to reset the warning light. I have been told by some mechanic that it will need a torque converter rebuild etc. or that the computer is fried. From Rick's post and Renee's experience it sounds like I need to put in a new solenoid pack. It costs $152 from an online source but I have no experience doing this kind of repair. Would someone give me a little advice on how to proceed with this. Also, any idea why would a solenoid pack fail. Last transmission service was done two years ago at 60K and now it is close to 80K and the fluid is still light pink and no burnt smell. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rakesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.