DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got bored, found some plastidip....

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NakedBee 
#1 · (Edited)
I was dong some routine maintenance on the ram today. After which, the wife and I started washing the vehicles. We trade off, i do exterior, she does interior. Well i had finished the exterior, and the engine bay. So while waiting on her to finish, i grabbed the tape and plastidip. And went to town blacking out my cross hairs. Looks good so far, other than it started to peel up when i pulled the tape.

One thing that concerned me after i washed my truck is how bad the paint is scratched. It is really bad, and starting to concern me. I have every type of Carolina pin striping there is. Is there a way that i can fix this? or reverse some of this without getting a whole new paint job? Im not a paint guy so this is out of my league.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm always intrigued when I see thread titles involving Plasti-Dip and being bored. :D Never know what people are going to "Dip" next around this place...

But to answer your question about the scratches, it depends on how deep they are. If not all the way to the metal, some of them may buff out with a little effort. Looks like the truck is black or dark blue from the pics, and of course everything is going to show up on a dark vehicle anyway.

#4 ·
x2^

#5 ·
i just want to see it in daylight! The last coat didnt go on until after dark. Hopefully it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.