DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt size to take fan clutch off???????????

47K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  06trxhemi 
#1 ·
i just want to know the size bolts to put in the water pump pulley to keep it still while taking the fan clutch off? also what size nut is the fan clutch??? finally got my taurus efan in and wanting to install it next week, shroudless!!!!

#4 ·
i just want to know the size bolts to put in the water pump pulley to keep it still while taking the fan clutch off? also what size nut is the fan clutch??? finally got my taurus efan in and wanting to install it next week, shroudless!!!!
If you're looking to take the clutch fan off, that's not the way to do it. :huh:

#8 ·
Phillps screw driver stuck in one of the pulley holes and wedged against the water pump.

#9 ·
Don't use a screwdriver you don't want bent, mine bent pretty bad. Wedge the screwdriver in then get a hold of the nut with the crecent wrench and hit it with your palm, constant pressure is what mess up my driver. The impact of wacking it with your hand should break it free better. Or you could do it the right way with a spanner wrench, but what fun would that be.

#10 ·
why not just use a pices of bar stock with a bolt through it and make your own spanner wrench it will cost you $8 to buy everything needed to make a wrench. then you will have it to use over and over again. dont use a screwdriver!!!!!!!!!!!! you can break the gussets in the water pump housing if your not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.