DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1991 b250 steering

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  wally527 
#1 · (Edited)
i know ur gonna say check the coupling but it seems fine is the steering box adjustable :smokin:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes the box is adjustable. Make sure everything on the front end is up to par first. The coupler may seem to be fine, but the slightest bit of play will show up in the wheel.

#3 ·
well another weekend lost to working on van but its better i think vacuume problems solved running smoother but the new pcv valve rattles a bit too much as far as steering box i looked but did not touch it appers that the backlash needs adjustment when the wheel is turned till it just starts catching i can see input shaft raise up about a 32nd if u know when i could get a print whith some specs i would really be grateful
i v read some of ur [post sounds like u know what going on

thanks for ur input
wally

#5 ·
The input shaft should move up and down slighty as described. It operates the "spool valve" inside the steering box, which channels fluid to the left or right side boost depending on the direction the wheel is turned.
If a recall correctly the adjustment procedure is: Loosen locknut a turn or two, start engine and tighten adjuster to take-up slack when (wheels straight ahead) turning the input shaft at the coupler, then tighten the adjuster 2 more turns and tighten the lock-nut.
If it's still sloppy the internals of the box are worn.
--B-300--

#6 ·
no luck on steer box specs well now that im unemployed for amwhile steer box is coming off after this weather this weekend is heck on a windy day
wish me luck im gonna do the coupling just because and dealer said $14 and recomendations for shocks or just stock ?
got to help

#10 ·
hey guys i really appreciate the help
oh yea seals are a given alone with a set of shocks and redo steering coupler
it was alittle windy here the other day alittle squirlley
where do u guys find this info i looked for days online
thanks again got a mission now

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.