DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Painted my 2013 headlight

11K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  fultonwrestler 
#1 ·
Had the condo to myself since the fiancee is house sitting for a friend. Decided to take advantage of her absence and paint one of my 2013 headlights. I am very happy with how they turned out. I know it's no Retro Solution's job, but for a rattle can job I am quite pleased.

Snakeskin green and brilliant black...

See less See more
#3 ·
that is amazing man... i cant do that with a rattle can! i cant wait to see it on the truck either!

#4 ·
maybe tint the side marker thingy!

#6 ·
lol

Ok....#1, now I'm pissed that I don't have my brackets back (projector swap) - LOL - I wanted the first set of custom '13s out there. :D (not that I have time to work on my own stuff right now though!)

2 - thats pretty SLICK! I like what you did with the shroud there too.

and YES, tint that side reflector.

#8 · (Edited)
lol

Ok....#1, now I'm pissed that I don't have my brackets back (projector swap) - LOL - I wanted the first set of custom '13s out there. :D (not that I have time to work on my own stuff right now though!)
You snooze, you lose my friend:) You could have stopped this by not being a great guy and answering my PMs when I was having issues getting them baked apart.

2 - thats pretty SLICK! I like what you did with the shroud there too.

and YES, tint that side reflector.
Truth is, I kind of 'borrowed' the idea from another set you did, so I give you credit for the idea. All that masking off was a complete PITA though, I don't know how you do it

I was going to tint the reflector, and I still might, but the more I look at it the more I kind of like how it is right now. These will be open for a few more weeks, just waiting for a halo set from AAC. Sounds like I'm going to be their first set of '13 RGB halos, so we'll see how it goes.

#9 ·
haha, well...........I'll still be the first with a real set of HID projectors. LOL

(jab jab, lol)

painting? I don't, I had it to my painter and laugh. :D:D

#11 ·
Just go and put it where it should be on the truck and take a picture for us lol. that looks crazy. Projectors im assuming right? I saw a '13 on the lot, sport, that had the projectors. They looked sick, painted all black. If only i could afford projo's for my '12 sport

#12 ·
That is wicked! Awesome job man

#13 ·
Great job!

#14 ·
That looks sweet! What's this going on?

#16 ·
Holy ****! Those are going to look incredible once mounted. What color truck are they going on?
They're going onto an '09 sport. The truck will be receiving a two-tone paint job in the near future, the brilliant black on the bottom and viper snake skin green on top.

#15 ·
Holy ****! Those are going to look incredible once mounted. What color truck are they going on?

#18 ·
That will surely look incredible. I love that green and with splitting it with the black your truck will look nice. Is it going to be lowered or lifted? Details. Details...

#19 ·
This ^^^

#21 ·
That sounds like quite a list. I will certainly be interested to see how it all comes together. I bet winter has never felt as long as this one waiting to build up the truck.

#23 ·
Those lights look amazing awesome work

#24 ·
Very nice work. Where did u find the headlights?

#25 ·
Found both on eBay. The passenger side was in great shape, no broken clips, housing was solid, apart from a scratch in the lens it was perfect. Just opened the driver-side and found a huge crack in the housing, not happy since it wasn't listed as part of the damage. I don't know if I'll be able to plasti-weld and brace it all together, but I'll be giving it the good ol' college try.

#27 ·
Very unique. Love it.

#28 ·
Finally got them done! Had to order a driver-side housing from mother mopar, but at least I get the family discount since my brother started working at a local dealership. There's a set of 100mm OD RGB smd halo rings from AAC mounted on the top of the projector bezel and you can't see any of the wires unless you're really looking for it. I'm getting started on the wiring tonight, but they won't get installed for another month due to being out of town for 3 weeks for work.

#30 ·
Those look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.