DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment HELP!

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  HEMIHag 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the specs should be for a 6" Rough country kit on a 2009 ram are?

Dealer just called and said the truck wouldnt line up to factory specs and asked if I had a spec with the kit??? ANYONE know??

Dealer is waiting for an answer...Can't get a hold of anyone at rough country...

#3 ·
Good news. Post away I want to see lol

#7 ·
Your toe is out a good bit, they should be able to fix that, if not your going to chew through tires quickly. Caster is out also it seems, but that is one item that will just cause the truck to handle funny but will not wear out tires.

Bring it to another place to get an alignment. Specs for the RCX kit are just the factory specs for a 1500 ram.

*EDIT*

Sorry looking at that now i read the columns wrong. Seems your alignment is fine now. Everyhting is inside of the specified ranges, not sure about the specs, but its says 94+ i know the 06+ are all the same, didnt know previous gens used the same specs also.

#8 ·
I actually had this same issue with alignment. I took it to another place where the people that work there actually have lifted trucks to let them align it. They had more knowledge on how to tweak it so it will drive the best. They actually let me test drive it after pulling it off the machine. They ended up putting my truck on the machine 5 times as every time I drove it something adjusted slightly. After the 5th test drive the machine showed the truck was pretty dialed in and it drove the best.

#9 ·
How does your drive compared to stock? I find I'm constantly having to correct the steering to keep the thing on the road. Doesn't feel very planted. It was windy last night and the truck was work to keep it on the road. I'm used to stock where you dont have to think much to keep it on the road. Steering input feels more sloppy than stock too. (meaning a good portion of travel in the wheel is needed just to keep going straight, whereas compared to stock that same movement would almost be used to turn or would be too much input in a straight line)

#10 ·
From my experience it wont ride like stock because its not stock anymore. The steering will feel a bit different if you put larger tires on because you are going to feel a little more "road". I actually had to replaced my link bushings with energy suspension ones because the sway was rediculous. if i let go of my steering wheel on a flat road it will slowly drift to the right but doesnt pull. you will have to get your alignment fixed before you can to use to how it drives now being lifted.

#11 ·
Be very careful with this. I brought my truck all over to find a place to align it after my lift. Unfortunately the wheels I bought are crap because they don't have the proper lip for 99.9% of the alignment shops machine to connect to, so most shops wont touch it.
Anyway I've been doing some traveling as of late and my alignment was way off. The inside tread of my Toyo's are shot (on the front wheels) and I only have 7000 miles on them. After hours of looking in upstate NY finally found someone to do the alignment and I'll tell you what my truck finally runs good after the lift has been put on. I rotated the tires and my MPG's went up 3 MPG after the alingment and rotation.
So bad news is my tires aren't perfect anymore. Good news is problem solved and MPG's much better. I'll post my specs tomorrow if anyone is interested.

#13 ·
Orchard Park

#14 ·
From the spec sheet, everything is in so that's a good thing. As for the steering, if it was windy and you are now lifted, that's a lot more wind resistance you are steering against so it will probably handle a little differently than stock.
I'm glad to see HEMIHag brought up the lips of the wheels, alot of people don't think of that if they have aftermarket rims. Sometimes you may need to bolt up a stock set of rims to your truck, get it aligned, then put the aftermarket back on if the aftermarket rims can't support the alignment machine panels properly.

#17 ·
Also if you don't have the stock wheels (like me). The shop that did my alignment stuck some weights on the outside flat surface of the rime and hooked the machine up to that. Seemed to have worked so try and suggest that next time you go to and alignment shop and they tell you they can't hook up the machine to your wheels.

#18 ·
320 for just an alignment?? good day that's rape

#19 ·
Yep, it is, but I didn't have much choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.