DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby antenna?

38K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  DodgeEMT549 
#1 ·
I looked at several pages of threads and didnt see anything on this subject so I want to know what everyone thinks. Buy a stubby of some sort or trim the stock antenna down by several inchs? Reception and whisle noise should be better with the stocker. I can keep the stock look by putting the ball back on after trimming it.

#2 · (Edited)
Here is some info. I wouldn't waste your time with trimming the stock down with how cheap the studdby antenna is. I recommend putting loctite on your threads so it doesnt get stolen. I got the stubby because my stocker hit my garage door and that got annoying. Plus, I listen to sirius since there is only like 2 radio stations here and they are garbage.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362292&highlight=stubby+antenna

#3 ·
i bought one from andysautosport.com it works great, good look, carbon fiber looking finish on it. went from stock to about 3 1/2 -4 inch and didnt have any change in reception and i defintely agree- loctite the threads

#4 ·
Thanks, after posting and thinking about it for a little while I decided against cutting the stock one just so I will have it if needed in the future.............BTW, the truck in my sig has been sold I now have a 2012 Express, just need to update pics ect.

#5 ·
NEVER trim an antenna, it will ruin it. All antennas are tuned to their specific length and design. You can't just cut one to any size.

#6 ·
You CAN cut one down... it just won't work as good. But with the trucks coming with SIRIUS... who listens to regular radio stations anyhow?

#8 ·
#7 ·
I installed a stubby from Pep Boys quite a while ago...6" length, easy install, no difference in radio signal quality at all. Best part is, it was only $10.

#9 ·
i just bought one from advanced auto parts today, around $10 for a black rubber 14" (I dont like the real stubby ones. Reminds me of a RC car haha)

#10 · (Edited)
I cut my antenna to 5". Put a coat of flat black. Looks and works perfect.

#12 ·
I cut my oem one to 14 inches and it hasn't changed my reception but I will be buying from AutoZone

#13 ·
Search for "Craven Speed" on Amazon. Sweet aluminum stuby. A little more than Pep Boys or Autozone but worth it in my opinion.

#14 ·
i bought a stubby antenna from cravenspeed on amazon as well

#16 ·
Cutting your antenna is Free! If you don't like it, buy a stubby. I bought an 8" antenna and it bent after the first time through the carwash.

#17 ·
I ordered a stubby antenna and I'm thinkin about plasti dipping it and the base white. (white truck). What do ya think?

#22 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.