DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

code p1762

14K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  chode 
#1 ·
check engin light is on and i had it checked at autozone they told me it was 1 internal trasnmission failure or 2 open or shorted circut condition im hopeing it is an open circut som question is where do i start looking my truck is a 98 qc 4x4 360 any help would be awesome, this is my everyday driver so i cant be without it

#2 ·
You have a governor pressure sensor problem. IIRC, the sensor itself is about $60, and relatively easy to replace (compared to a full transmission rebuild). When mine went out, I took ot to a reliable transmission shop, and the total cost was in the $250 to $300 USD range here in Phoenix, Arizona. This included a new pan gasket and fluid replacement.

Usual symtoms of this problem are sluggish acceleration due to the transmission starting out in drive in "limp home" mode. Eventually, if it is not repaired soon, you will only have first gear and reverse.

As far as doing the repair yourself, I am not sure about this. You might want to search under this code, or (hopefully) Tactransman will see this thread and respond with his vast knowledge and expertise on Dodge Ram transmissions.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
that does help i will call around monday thanks

#4 ·
#5 ·
i would like to do it myself but i am a little nervious, i think i can do it, any special tolls i will need to do right?

#6 ·
A 25 torx bit.

#7 ·
im sure i have that, can you tell me what parts i will have to buy, like parts number and stuff like that and how long do you think it will take me thanks for the info

#8 ·
#11 ·
is there anything else i should do while im in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.