DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel rail connector hose leak

18K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  ontos 
#1 ·
98 Ram 360 2500 4x,
I have a leak on the passenger side end of the fuel rail crossover hose.

hard to see the connection. Is it a clamp? Does the entire hose need to be replaced or is it simply( as if) a new clamp needed?

Thanks any info or advice.

#2 ·
GET THAT FIXED!! dont drive it until you do, i just lost my 95 ram cuz it caught on fire and burnt.. Im telln you do not drive it until its fixed. I know on the 95 it was just glued on, but im not sure on the 98, u will have to replace it more then likely, but when i went to replace mine they gave me regular fuel line and said it would work, so i changed it out, but didnt put clamps on it because my other hose didnt have them, in turn, my truck is a gonner. Its only a gonner cuz it leaked and ignited, if i wouldve put hose clamps on it, it would be here today

#5 ·
according to my manuals its a none repairable hose . so you would have to find a whole new/good used fuel rail assembly . i wouldnt take a chance catching my ram on fire .

#9 ·
not a big job at all , about an hours work ON A COLD ENGINE . you will need a fuel line disconnect tool and basic hand tools . relieve fuel pressure before removing the fuel line from rail . before you switch injectors over this is a great time to replace the O-rings on the injectors . if you use the fel-pro O-rings you will need 4 packages as one only services 2 injectors . lightly coat O-rings with oil before installing in rail or manifold . GOOD LUCK . :gr_patrio

#8 ·
i dont know all of what you would need to do, i was replacing head gaskets when i did all of this, so i dont know what you do and dont need to take off to replace it. cuz replacing the head gaskets requires stripping everything to tear the motor down.. lol

#12 ·
Thanks for alll the good advice and info. I got lucky in that I checked for the source of gasoline smell, and also that I was able to see where it was leaking. The good advice posts about not driving it also helped me to not be me and drive it a while......
Sending it out to a local repair place with Dodge experience. Too cold for "shade tree" soloution. Shop said it's not uncommon. That's scary.

Thanks again for good response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.