DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

how much do you tow with your 4.7?

11K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  h2omelon 
#1 ·
just wondering how much you all are towing with your 4.7? every time i stop somewhere i get asked if i have the hemi. when i tell them no they are shocked. i regularly tow 9000lbs at least once a week. the trailer weighs 2100lbs empty, the van weighs 6980lbs with all the batteries,box,speakers,etc. here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
thats what im looking for. pics of 4.7s working

#8 ·
I tow my 16' Jon Boat to the river every weekend. (As long as the wind is blowing over 10mph LOL) Also tow my parents 18' Searay SR180 to the river when visiting them once a month or so. The truck does a great job, no problems. I tow all of this with my 22's and drop as well. Truck doesn't even squat!

#9 ·
so if the 4.7 can do all this what can my hemi do, all my parents do with the 4.7 is pull a pop up camper

#11 ·
dont have a pict because its been a few years but my buddy had a malibu wakesetter that weighs about 7000lbs..i had an 02 quad cab 4.7 and pulled the boat all over texas one summer.. the hills by lake canyon almost got the best of it.. had it floored and thought the damn thing was gonna throw a rod.. but we made it with 8 people in the truck.. seriously screaming with a si/do flow.. people in their yards got a kick out of it..

#13 ·
h2omelon said:
thats what im looking for. pics of 4.7s working
First I will get some pic's :dilemma: camera or mods for truck. I finally had the chance to pull my 26' travel trailer,6000#. Was very impressed over my previous truck 93 chev 350. Not only was the suspension was soft and saged even with roadmaster active susp.it had no power! I live right next to the rockies so we pull in the mountains, and wow I was VERY HAPPY with the result. We will not be spending our holidays in our leased camping spot anymore.It will now only be used for the weekends only! Even though it only set the truck down a couple of inchs, I'm still going to invest in air helper springs :cool:

#14 ·
pb7ram said:
First I will get some pic's :dilemma: camera or mods for truck. I finally had the chance to pull my 26' travel trailer,6000#. Was very impressed over my previous truck 93 chev 350. Not only was the suspension was soft and saged even with roadmaster active susp.it had no power! I live right next to the rockies so we pull in the mountains, and wow I was VERY HAPPY with the result. We will not be spending our holidays in our leased camping spot anymore.It will now only be used for the weekends only! Even though it only set the truck down a couple of inchs, I'm still going to invest in air helper springs :cool:
You don;t need air helper springs. You should get the Equal-I-Zer 4-point sway control and load distribution. I have that and it is the best out there. Here is the link Equal-I-Zer

#15 ·
weighs about 2500 loaded. pulls so well I'm tring to convince the wife to trade it in for something over 20' that I don't have to crank up.

I am impressed how much better the 4.7 pulls than my old 94 jimmy with the 4.3 V6 it would bearly make it up a hill.

Attachments

#16 ·
JeffB2002 said:
You don;t need air helper springs. You should get the Equal-I-Zer 4-point sway control and load distribution. I have that and it is the best out there. Here is the link Equal-I-Zer
Thanks for the link Jeff. I will most definitly look into that hitch. I need a bigger one anyway, this one is from my first trailer and is a little light. So again thanks.

#17 ·
canadaram said:
weighs about 2500 loaded. pulls so well I'm tring to convince the wife to trade it in for something over 20' that I don't have to crank up.

I am impressed how much better the 4.7 pulls than my old 94 jimmy with the 4.3 V6 it would bearly make it up a hill.
Set up looks great! One thing I would recommend is get one with a queen sized bed. that is why we went from our 19' to the 26'. we are both 6' tall and the fold out couch was'nt big enough. That is if you can talk your wife into it :thatfunny .

#18 ·
Originally Posted by JeffB2002
It's not that impressive!! What I find impressive is that you did the move of the trailer WITHOUT trailer brakes!!
bb360 said:
I towed a 24ft deck boat 500mi round trip without trailer brakes,
a little careful can go a long ways
Yup, it sure can.
And a manual transmission can help a lot too. ;)

#19 ·
pb7ram said:
Thanks for the link Jeff. I will most definitly look into that hitch. I need a bigger one anyway, this one is from my first trailer and is a little light. So again thanks.
No problem my friend. It is so easy to hook up and un-hook. When I am on the highway, tractor trailers do not bother me in the least. The trailer stays right behind the truck.

#20 ·
just goes to show that the 4.7 is a very good engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.