DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2500 front shock install

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  strtlegal 
#1 ·
Am I correct in assuming the 2500 front shocks are removed & installed by taking off the shock top "basket mount" which is bolted to the frame area with (3) bolts?

It looks like both the air filter box and battery box need to be removed. True?

Finally, the bottom bolt on the front shocks is also a little tricky to access. It looks like I need to use a box wrench on the back end nut, and an impact drive socket on the front end bolt head. True?

Can anyone recall the sizes of the front & rear nut/bolt sizes?

Thank goodness the rear shocks look a #2 level of effort compared to the #8.9 on the fronts. :D Looks like I only need to remove the spare to get to the drivers side shock top nut & bolt.

#2 ·
the front doesnt need the battery or the air box removed its cake to get to just use a long extension on the big top bolt and the small ones on the out side..sometimes people remove the fender liner which is still not neccessary but can help...the drivers die is alittle trick on the top but you can get it done

the bottom is a 13/16 or a 22mm they come factory with flag bolts ( just like it sounds nut with a lip on it so it doesnt rotate when losseing or tightening the bolt) so just impact the from the front and the bolts will come right out..just keep your wheels straight and on the ground and youll have plenty of clearance on the passenger side between the tierod and the center link

good luck..should take you about 20 minutes a side

#5 ·
When I replaced mine on a 2500 I did have to remove the airbox, but not the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.