DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malfunction Indicator Light

13K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Renate 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Charger SXT - the malfunction indicator light came on last night and has not gone off- any idea what this means. the car is still running fine (no difference) but of course I am concerned when a sensor comes on.

#2 ·
WElcome to DT. If you have an auto zone in your area, if you take it there they will scan the vehicle for you and tell you what the code is.

My bet is a EVAP malfuction. O2 senser.

#3 ·
Thank you for your help
I was going to do just that last night on the way home and the light went off and has not come back on. So I am hoping it was just some bad gas. But I will remember that in the future- even though I hope I wont need too:SPIN:

#4 ·
My wifes 300 had a similar problem. The computer needed a reflash so the O2 sensers would work properly.

#6 ·
I would bet it will come back on in cold weather situations. Yes you will have to take it to a dealer. If it is the same issues my wife's car had it was only $60 or so to fix.

#8 ·
Check Engine Light/about How Much Is The Cost!

I have a check engine light on. I read from the message board what could be the cause. I don t have a rought running car. The check engine life is on I had intake manifolds replaced and also a new water pump and thermastat done. Now this check engine light thing I love my charger but the monies are a mounting. Any suggestions because just called the dealer and they ocourse just shouted out a number. Tired of paying big money for little fixes. Love my charger.

#9 ·
Check Engine Light/about How Much Is The Cost!

I ended up taking mine to a highly recommended mechanic in my town and I am sure he was much cheaper than a dealer and the nearest on eI will even go to is quite a ways away.
Mine ended up needing a major tune up badly - which is understandable and now it rund like a champ again !! :)
:cheerl:
With all the parts and an oil change it was a lil over $400 and I was told by other mechanics that was veyr reasonable
good luck
I love my charger also

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.