Status
Not open for further replies.

Fold flat floors

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  topgun 
#1 ·
This thread is for information only
The fold flat floors in 3rd gen QC Rams bolt directly into the 4th Gen CC
all that is needed is 2 bolts and 4 washers
My new truck did not come with the fold flat floors and my dog does not like sitting on the seat. (kept falling off at stops)My 2012 3500 CC did not come with fold flat floors and has a 1 piece rear bench seat . So I gave it a gamble and found a used set of fold flats from an 03 or 04 QC. all that you need to do is take out the front bolts on the bench seat brackets find the slot in your carpet about 3/4 to the drivers side pull out the plug. Probe for the covered bolt holes in the floor install new bolts and washers and your done. Works perfect the dealer wanted aprox $800 for a set of fold flats new. I have found fold flats on the internet for as low as $50 and as high as $245. I made a trade for mine

I read on most forums that the fold flats only work with the 60/40 rear bench I am here to tell you its B.S. they bolt right in!!!

#2 ·
Good to know! I would do this but I have a sub taking up 2/3's of the back...

#3 ·
Nice research and developement, thanks for the Post.

#8 ·
Why not secure your dog in with seatbelt harness? Won't fall off and less likely to get hurt if you have to stop suddenly or get into an accident.

#9 ·
he has nothing to fall off of now and the whole back area is flat and padded he also wears his harness and it is tethered

#10 ·
The fold flat kit is no where near $800, that dealer must be clueless. #82209986 is $305 list so you can buy for less than that, got the kit sitting here waiting to install. There are several threads about doing this. Definitely makes the rear more usable.

#12 ·
You sure thats the whole fold flat rear the $305 amount is what half the unit cost not the complete unit
Doesnt matter in the end I got them for free traded for a EDGE programmer that was no longer useful to me i as no longer driving a Hemi

All in all Im pleased as punch:D

#11 ·
I was selling mine for awhile and got no bites so Adidas_kn and i hacked it up and now its my amp rack

#13 ·
Yes that is the entire kit which includes both sides, the necessary hardware, and instructions. There is a thread with the install in a 4th gen Crew cab on here or the other Ram forum complete with pictures.

Here is the link to the complete kit. The price is the current Mopar list price, which is $305. I paid about $260 at the dealer for mine.

Mopar Flat Load Floor Kit #82209986

#15 ·
With the new models I think it is part of the option group where you get the 60/40 rear seat, the rear seat arm rest/beverage holder and the front under seat storage. I got none of that on my new '12 PW and had all of it on my '05. Thus I was surprised and a bit disappointed the new one did not have it. Along with the power drivers seat as well.

#16 ·
It is only available on the quad cabs, one of the reasons your newer 2500 did not have it.

My 05 quad cab had it as well but it was an option and not standard. Back then, the floor was metal vs the carpeted plastic of today. At least with the carpet, the stuff stays pretty much in place unlike the metal floor where the stuff slid all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.