DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motor

6K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  CHVYKLR 
#1 ·
Here is what my motor is going in, 1967 Dodge Dart. Got it for a steal locally. we are going to put a built 727 trans behind the motor.

See less See more
#2 ·
So the truck is going back to stock then?

Awesome looking car to btw. I love those old darts and it should be a weapon with that monster of a motor in there. Can't wait to see the build thread

#3 ·
So the truck is going back to stock then?

Awesome looking car to btw. I love those old darts and it should be a weapon with that monster of a motor in there. Can't wait to see the build thread
Yep back to stock. I will be selling the ARH long tubes. I will keep the tuner on it and that's about it.

Yes, I plan to have a very fast dart!

#4 ·
RIP LOL......sucks man you were the trend setter for us Crew Cabs when it came to performance.

#5 ·
Yeah man, I just got tired of the down time and wanting to go faster :). There is no better mod than shaving almost 3000lbs off. Having a reliable dd is more important than a fast truck, plus the Dart will be waaaay faster.

#6 ·
Yeah I feel the same way....I might just put a 75-100 shot at most but any plans for FI or upgraded internals isn't gonna happen to me after watching you in particular have all these issues with the tranny holding up and no bullet proof options. I've got plans for a 10 second car in the spring...just kinda gonna step back to a ford to do it. But in Texas a truck is a must and mine won't be going any where either.

#8 ·
Lol sorry. I'm sure you will surpass it before too long.

#9 ·
This is why I gave up on my truck.. It was NEVER gonna be fast like I wanted it to be. So I went and got myself a way lighter car, the 5.0. Best trade off ever.

But I do miss my truck.... :/

Good luck with the build on the dart!

#10 ·
Thanks man. I know what you mean, I'm defiantly keeping the truck though. Can't wait to get this thing done and to the track(going to be 6 months or so) just depends on finding an eagle hemi to drop into my tuck at a reasonable price.

#11 ·
great choice on the Dart, I (had) 2 Road Runners...68 and 71....shouldnt have sold them.....sad to see the Crew slowing down ,but totally understand the idea of the car, good luck and I know you will keep us posted. It was the Fastest and best Crew To date for me so far.......:rck: ,thanks for taking us for a sweet ride

#13 ·
I got that going on also. I was all about making my truck a rocket then decided a classic muscle car is way more fun to make fast. My 68' Mustang Restomod is my side project.

#15 ·
Very nice.

#17 ·
Jerimie... post a pic! :cool:

#21 ·
Always loved the 67 Dart, it's going to be a kick ass ride once it's done, especially with that motor.

I got rid of a 1963 Fury about a year ago due to a new baby, but have the itch again REAL bad...

#22 ·
Damn man, was talking to fasthemiram05 today and he told me about this.....can't believe you are going back to stock. Sucks we won't get to see the truck in the 11s

#23 ·
Yeah oh well. I will be going way faster than 11's when it's all done :D

#25 ·
UHHHHHHHH......12's. In a crew...........:rolleyes:
Freaking............wonderfull

#38 ·
They do have vvt kits as well as non vvt kits fir older motors.

#28 ·
#31 ·
yes but not too bad ...got 2 buddies running them in there J/Ks right now...and another going into a chally......its a sweet set up only one is running the viking...he needs it.....

#35 ·
"Best way to go for a NAG1 swap is to find a wrecked GCSRT8, and start swapping every module over so the truck itself turns into a GCSRT8 electronically. then you just work with it like the jeep." <<<Found that little excerpt on LXForums when an LX member asked about swapping a NAG1 into his ram.

#34 ·
THAT TRUCK IS AWESOME :rck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.