DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar 2" lift and BF Goodrich T/A KO

28K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  Silver_DodgeRam 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn Edition Crew Cab

We'll I finally got it all done...after a ton of research, no desire to void the warranty and not wanting any rub from the tires...

Installed the new 2" Mopar lift that includes 4 new Bilstein 5100s and new rear coils. No spacers or blocks, the new kit they released a couple years ago. Added the BF Goodrich T/A KO 285/65/20 and basically have almost 4+” of total lift.

Not sure where Mopar gets the 2” lift designation, it’s more like 3.5 in the rear and 2.8” in the front..plus the 1.5” tire increase and it’s the perfect setup. It still sits down the front so the fuel economy is not impacted as much. Not sure what my mileage will be but I’ll post back in a few weeks.

I didn’t know if I wanted BG Goodrich tires as I was looking at Cooper Zeons but in the end I thought about the winters in NOVA and opted for an all-terrain tire.

Ride is perfect, no harshness or anything. Just as smooth as the original setup if not better…

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
looks good!

#7 ·
Look great and I like the flares I also have some coming soon.

#8 ·
Sweet truck! I also like those rims a lot.

#11 ·
Truck looks great man.. anyone know a legit site i can look at the mopar 2" lift? i've never heard of it before.

#15 ·
HAHAH.... Imagine some of us Long-timers here on the site... For 9 years now all these "Ideas" have been fundamental in numerous divorces and Light wallets!

:)

#18 ·
Wow.. what a beauty!!

#21 ·
I had the dealer do as I just don't have the tools I need with me at this house (military). It was about $600 and included the alignment.

No welding that I'm aware of at all or in the instructions. They were challenged by the bump stop brackets at one point but I don't have any more details. Seems straight forward by the instructions.

#24 ·
Gents - no issues at all.

Now the bad news is I sold it, rather traded it for the 2013 Ram Sport...I seriously just like the sport better and the Longhorn interior was just not for me. I want a black truck with a black interior...fully loaded. I gave up the heated/cooled seats in my sport but I'll add back in the heated seat option in a few weeks. Super easy to add and it's only about $225 if I do it in parts.

Now the better news is I'm going to repeat the setup on the 2013 and go with 275/65/20s this time....only because I want more of a street tire look on the Sport.

I'm not a 100% on the tires but the lift kit will go on my end of January. The ride was great and I loved the additional height and feel of the truck.

#27 ·
Here's the new truck with the same 2" Mopar lift installed and stock tires. Tires will have to wait on the tax refund for now. Love the Sport truck so much more than the Longhorn...just didn't like the overdone interior and I'm from Texas.

Couple of mods - I put on rally strips, fender flares, tint, custom emblems, etc.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.