DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCT Tunes

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hemifever 
#1 ·
I just got my 04 Durango this month, I'm new to the hemi world I've owned a Cummins all my life
I'm planning on putting throttle body, CAI, headers, true dual the exhaust, and put a tuner on her nothing to special you know
I just had few questions on something's
First is I want to get an SCT Tuner but idk can you download tunes online or from another member here or would I have to purchase the tuning program?
Also throttle body are there any specific brands that do well with the 04? I can't find anything really
And also CAI I've heard either K&N or Vortex is the way to go, is that true?
Last thing is the headers, are the I think it's JBA shorties, are those the only headers that will fit on the D?

Thanks for any input, just trying to get a little extra from the down tuned stock hemi

2004 Hemi Durango, Thrush dual exhaust the rest is all stock

#2 ·
There is a member on here, hemifever, that does custom SCT and Diablosport tunes. Send him a message for more information.

As far as a throttle body, I am running a 85mm ported throttle body from Moes-Performance, a supporting sponsor on here.

For the intake anything will get the job done. Volant seems to be top of the line. I run an Airaid system. I've also ran the K&N FIPK.

JBA or gibson for headers, but I've been told that gibson headers are junk. Can't go wrong with JBA headers. I run their stainless non-coated version.

#3 ·
Congrats on getting a D. You've pretty much listed the basic mod list and D4L gave you all the answer.
For the intake I'd suggest the Volant as for our application its the best *overall* for looks/performance/sound.
As far as SCT you can find someone able to tune with it at almost every dyno shop, though Hemifever tunes are well liked and have the backing of the people :rck:
The only headers worth getting are the JBA's
The best bang for your buck on a throttle body would be from Moes Performance, and Matt can help you get your hands on all the parts your looking for at a great price.

#5 ·
Hemifever, hoping to have you tune mine with a new cam this upcoming spring. What all should i get? i have herd that an AFR is a must, any other pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.