DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

security reset?

12K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  KB112 
#1 ·
Alrighty guys and gals... The hubby and I woke up to a wonderful thrill this morning while loading the truck up to head back home to CO. Looks like some *!$%&(!*!#$*%(Q*#)!((!)$%*@Q#& decided he would try to take our mega for a joy ride (After dislodging the drivers door handle, jacking up the door skins, and shredding the steering column) Needless to say our mega wasn't very fond of this idea and decided it wanted to stay put in the hotel parking lot (Smart Dodge). Anyways.... after trying to do what the manual says to get the truck to start (3 hrs and 3 local truck owning hotel inhabitants later) it still isn't starting. She cranks but doesn't turn over. We are getting codes P0513 & P2509. We have disconnected the battery, waited 20+ minutes, tried the on off on off on off method, locked and unlocked with the key fob buttons. Any other suggestion?!?! We just want to go home and get the hell out of HELL. :VHOT:

#2 ·
You have sentry key, meaning your key transmits a signal tot he skim system to tell the truck its okay to start. If someone tries to start your truck with a different key, or screwdriver etc, it will turn itself off after a few seconds. After 3 tries it won't crank at all anymore.

You need a dealership to unlock the system using their programmer. I heard they charge $100, but if your under warranty and all I bet it will be free. Either way, its much better than having to be without a truck and losing it forever.

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.