DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Challenger Q&A Event - Pre/Post-Event Chat Thread

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Hi Gear 
#1 ·
In prep for our event, I thought we would open up an event "chat" thread here. Since the Q&A Thread Posting Guidelines for this event is strict in it's format (by design), this will allow our members a place chat about the event. This open thread can also allow the Dodge engineers and designers a chance to get answers to the questions our members may ask prior to the event, making response time quicker.

Have at it and Enjoy!

#2 ·
Awesome, I cant take part in this, so please ask when B5 Blue will be available.

#3 ·
woah, I am the first to post in this thread. :rck:

#5 ·
I would like to know what gears are available in the R/T model. I've heard conflicting reports from 3.06 to 3.91's.
same here

#7 ·
MDS & gas milleage

Have an 09 R/T ---Electronic convenience group, my gig nav. wheels and sunroof--------How do we know when MDS is on or working------Now have 2400 miles and the best MPG so far has been 21.6 with cruise set at 64 on level roads...I reset EVIC after cruise is set. Thanks Ray

#8 ·
I have an '09 R/T with the 6-speed and wanted to hear your take on proper break in for the engine. I've heard everything from "drive it like you stole it, break it in how you want it to run" to "baby it for the first 1000 miles and change the oil" and everything in between. set me straight please!

that leads me to another question. i've heard there is special oil from the manufacturer that allows the coatings on the pistons and other internal parts to cure completely so its important to keep that oil in there for the first couple thousand miles. is that true and can i switch to synthetic, say after I put my first 1000 miles on it?

thanks!

#10 ·
This pre/post event chat thread has now been reopened for your pleasure!

WAS ANOTHER GREAT EVENT, thanks folks! :gr_patrio

#11 ·
That's the first time I've ever attended an event like that and it was very cool. :tup:

It's a shame they have to be so tight lipped about future plans, but understandable given the competitiveness of the industry. (Plus, sometimes plans just change due to circumstance and people get mad when they feel that you've promised something and didn't deliver.)

Personally, I'd really like to see a better steering wheel and the ability to completely defeat the traction control on the R/T.

(That's in blue font in case they're reading this.) :D

I'd also like to see a shaker hood, but I wouldn't be opposed to finding that on the aftermarket, if someone will build a fiberglass hood and shaker scoop for less than $1,400. The weight savings alone would be worth it! :cool: HXC Performance is now selling a shaker package with a new hood, but it's $2000, which seems a few hundred too high.)

#12 ·
One other thing, if the Dodge guys are still listening:

For 2010, please get rid of that hideous ram's head on the nose of the car. Everyone on the Challenger forum agrees that it's tacky. Let the Challenger make its own statement!

(Similarly, I thought the big Pontiac arrowhead messed up the front end of the GTO. Why do car companies have to do that? We KNOW what brand it is!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.