DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1, sirius radio and cd changer. anyone know anything?

7K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  jeepunit1330 
#1 ·
Currently i have a the rb1 radio and sirius. i just bought a 10 disc cd changer and the cable to hook it up. my problem is that sirius takes up the connector for my cd changer, how i hook it all up? or can i even do this???

#4 ·
This site will help you out, but a couple of us have tried getting the RB1, CD Changer (I have a 6CD), and Sirius working referencing these part numbers and it did not work. The wiring did not match up. Good luck ...

#6 ·
#8 ·
SERVICEMANAGER1 said:
Part Is Called A Multiplexer I Think You Have To Buy The Box And Wiring
5086643aa Msrp $21.60 And Harness 5059112ac Msrp $119.00.
I Found This Out The Hard Way
OK, I looked at this again and these numbers are not the ones I got from the Jeep Sirius site. I am talking with Bremerton Dodge again about ordering these parts and see if I can get Sirius integrated into my RB1/changer setup.

#9 ·
OK, I am ordering:
(1) Receiver/antenna kit 82206488ab, contains receiver 5064020ah, antenna 5066205ac, and cable 5066207ab

(2) Artist/song cable 82208322, and

(3) Install Kit I 82207564, contains multiplex 5066202ac, multi-rec cable 5066206aa, and multi-changer cable 5066204aa.

We'll see if this works ...

#11 ·
(3) Install Kit I 82207564, contains ... multi-changer cable 5066204aa.
OK, everything works/fits except this cable ... the "male" changer side does not match the "female" from the changer. They are both 8-pin, but the changer seems to accept a 12-pin plug size. Need to figure out what cable will work ...

#12 ·
DeputyRAM said:
OK, everything works/fits except this cable ... the "male" changer side does not match the "female" from the changer. They are both 8-pin, but the changer seems to accept a 12-pin plug size. Need to figure out what cable will work ...
Seems as though I have an older version of the 6CD changer that was causing the problem. I guess things changed somewhere around 2002. Although I bought my changer new from an Ebay seller, it was manufactured in 2000. Anyway, I ended up using one end of the original radio-to-changer cable and one end of the new multiplex-to-changer cable and pin-outs for both and splicing them together. To my sort of surprise (these things never usually work the first try) I plugged in the frankenstein cable and everything works! I am going to tackle the Sirius antenna tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to drilling that hole.

#13 ·
DeputyRAM,

I just got one of these 6CD changers with the 12 pin female connector; probably from the same eBay source as yours. Where do you find the pin-out information for this changer?

Also, I noticed from the wjjeeps site that there is a cable (P/N 5066203AA) for connecting the RB1 directly to the Sirius receiver. The cable has a 10 pin connector to the RB1 and a 12 pin connector at the Sirius receiver end. Do you know if this 12 pin connector is a male and does it match up (both physically and electronically) to the 12 pin connector on the cd changer?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#14 ·
SERVICEMANAGER1 said:
Part Is Called A Multiplexer I Think You Have To Buy The Box And Wiring
5086643aa Msrp $21.60 And Harness 5059112ac Msrp $119.00.
I Found This Out The Hard Way

thx for the info, lol, i was about to post for info on this.

#15 ·
uujuu said:
Where do you find the pin-out information for this changer? [snip] Do you know if this 12 pin connector is a male and does it match up (both physically and electronically) to the 12 pin connector on the cd changer?
I think I got one of the pin-outs from Bremerton Dodge (they faxed me specifications) and the other side was documented on a sticker on the actual multiplex (it has been a few months, so I am doing this from memory). As far as your 2nd question, I have no idea ... sorry!

#16 ·
pin-out for 5066204AA

Guys, I'm doing the same thing except with the IPOD interface instead of the cd-changer. The headunit works with the sirius and the ipod unit alone so it should work the same. Only problem is that the ipod interface has a fixed cable with a 10-pin plug on it. If I can figure out what the pin-out for the 50662044AA cable is, then I can rewire it to a 12-pin plug and be set :). I have the mux(202ac) and cables(206aa and 204aa) already. Any chance any of you can fax/email me the specs?

#17 · (Edited)
Here is the pinout to splice the MUX CD Changer cable to the radio to CD Changer cable:

Custom Cable

Changer MUX

Pin Color Color Pin
1 Blue Green/White 6
2 ------------- ------------- 1
3 ------------- ------------- 2
4 Black (Thick) Black/Brown 11
5 Red Pink 3
6 Yellow Yellow 9
7 Green Green/Brown 5
8 Gray (shield) Green 4
9 ------------- ------------- 8
10 ------------- ------------- 10
11 Black
12 White White/Yellow 12

I left the black wire (pin 11 on the changer end) disconnected because I wasn't sure what it was used for. It works OK on my 2003 Durango.

#18 ·
hey jeepunit, i have the parts you need. i have an 01' grand cherokee with an rb1. i bought the kit to ad sirius (keeping my changer) but im not gona use it. i decided to eliminate my changer and bought the cable that goes from the rb1 straight to the sirius receiver. i still have the kit and want to sell it. i also have the replacement cable to get the song/artist info. i will give you a great price. if your interested, let me know. or if you have any questions about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.