DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 Dodge Viper

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Full Throttle 
#1 ·
2012 Dodge Viper Looks Like the Alfa Romeo 8C

Friday September 17 2010 | By Colum Wood

The biggest news out of Chrysler this week wasn’t Sergio Marchionne’s plan for an IPO in 2011, but the secret showing of a next generation Dodge Viper. Unveiled at the first Chrysler dealer meeting in three years, Chrysler made sure the press didn’t get a look at its new supercar. But according to one observer, the vehicle shown bears a resemblance to the stunningly beautiful Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione – a rare Alfa that shares its platform with the Maserati Gran Turismo and Ferrari California. With swoopy Italian lines, the car does, however, retain the aggressive Viper front fascia.

According to AutoWeek, Marchionne is motivated to bring back the Viper through pure enthusiasm for the car, with little thought to the financial situation. According to their source, he told dealers that, “There are times when you are given the opportunity to give life to something which is so beautiful and unique, so just and equitable, that you pay a lot less attention to the numbers, to the financial reality that surrounds it. They happen only rarely. In my case, three times in more than 15 years as chief executive.”

Marchionne went on to comment that he repeatedly spoke with Dodge CEO Ralf Gilles but could never make a financial case for the Viper. Then, one day, he was shown the prototype and it look “less than five minutes” for those in charge of making the product planning decisions to give it the green light.

Set to hit dealers in 2012, we should see a new Viper as early as next year. There’s still no official word on the powerplant, but it’s expected a direct-injection version of the 8.4-liter V10 will be offered with close to 700-hp, while a V8 is rumored to be under consideration.
[Source: AutoWeek]

See less See more
#3 ·
How can you not like that? I mean its nothing like the other gens but i wanna see the ass end!

#4 ·
That is a great looking car, but it is NO VIPER!

#5 ·
It's not a Viper is right - they would not show the new Viper to the news media at that meeting. The new Viper will have the Gen II styling and front end -

Unveiled at the first Chrysler dealer meeting in three years, Chrysler made sure the press didn’t get a look at its new supercar. But according to one observer, the vehicle shown bears a resemblance to the stunningly beautiful Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
– a rare Alfa that shares its platform with the Maserati Gran Turismo and Ferrari California. With swoopy Italian lines, the car does, however, retain the aggressive Viper front fascia.

#7 ·
the ferrari 599xx seems like platform the viper should be similar too, look up this car and 599xx and just see the viper similarities, personally i would of loved if this were the next viper lol only if the 599 never existed...

#8 ·
that is a good looking car but I will reserve final judgment for when the vipers pics are out.

#9 · (Edited)
You can park that 8C next to my viper anyday. I cant wait for the pics of the "NEW VIPER".

#10 ·
The new Viper was shown to the attendee's of VOI 11 (Viper Owners Invitational), but pictures were not allowed. According to the Viper websites, it does not look like the Alfa, it looks more like an updated Gen II Viper with updated lines and a revised front and rear end. I did not attend this unfortunately, but I do have pictures of the new Viper logo.... :)

Attachments

#11 ·
Any word on when pics will be released?

#13 ·
I think if they lose the Alfa nose and put a proper viper front and sides on the car it might look pretty good. I would be curious to see a good shot of the rear, but the profile looks pretty good.
I just hope the Viper lives on and it doesn't lose the Viper soul. It needs to be fast, outrageous and visious.

#14 ·
Apparently there will be no 2012 Viper, but in 2012 the 2013 Viper will be available to those with the balls and money to get one.

#15 ·
The new viper better have an off switch for all the aids they put on the car, and possibly a switch off stability stuff, just say it's for track use... I want a raw viper like the recent 600hp beast

#17 ·
This is going to be a looong wait. So far ive heard a million rumors. The suspence is killin me.

#18 ·
They better make this car good (by having a lot of off switches) or I'll opt out for one of the few remaining new 2010 vipers still out there but a little tipsy on Hennessey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.