DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fog light options

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Audie61 
#1 ·
ok, so my truck didn't come with fog lights, but i wanna know what all my options are for fogs. obviosly factory fogs is one option, but are there aftermarkets made to bolt up and are brighter? or better in some way? what have you guys replaced your factory fogs with, or in general what have you done with them. right now im thinking find some factorys and put in 55watt 4300k hid kit. what else could i do or need to know?

#2 ·
Some of the trucks may not have the fog lights but they have the wiring. The best way to find out is to look under the bumper and you'll may find the end of the wiring harness. The connectors are red if I remember right. If that much is there, you only need the lights and a new headlight switch. From there the options open up.

:)

#3 ·
EBAY. I got a mopar set off of ebay. With wireing and switch. it was like $120, but that was about 7 years ago. I am just running stock bulbs n them. I love them. They do help out alot!!!!

#4 ·
yea, a mopar set with stocks bulbs would be a good start. i already have retros hids now, so i would probably barely notice a difference. i need to just install these dually d2 wides behind my grill and call that a day. can that be wired to a stock mopar switch. for instance, i pull the switch out as if factory fogs were gonna come on, but the dually d2s come on instead? can that be done?

#5 ·
The problem there is that the factory switch turns off the fogs when you hit the high beams. There is a work around for 2005 and earlier.
Search "Jumper Mod" . Basically you run a jumper wire on the relays in the fuse box that powers the fog light relay whenever the marker lights are on.
I bought a Mopar kit With stock switch along with some 35w HID's from the bay.
Install was way easy (write ups are on this forum). The price of admission was worth it for appearance alone. The hid bulbs kick out too much glare, rough on my eyes for long drives. If I did it again, I would buy color matched silver stars or Ultra's, as I can't afford to do hid's right.

#6 ·
I got some KC lights and put them in the spot of the factory ones. I really like them there. I can't use them on the street. But offroad they are nice.

On the road I am blinding everyone.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361232

I have since installed the factory fog light bezel I got from a member on here.

And this is the only shot I have of it.

#9 ·
I also have a HOW TO in the HOW TO SECTION how to make the 9005 bulbs fit in the fogs.. or is that 9006.. can't remember now.. anyhow.. it's there. Makes them brighter (factory fog lights)

#11 ·
must be 9005s. thats the high beam bulb and is almost twice as bright as a 9006. what bulbs do the factory fogs use?

#13 · (Edited)
I am not sure what 3rd gen fog light bulbs are. I have a 2011 that uses 9145 bulbs at 42w. I replaced the bulbs with 9005 65w bulbs they are like night and day differance. And no modification need to make them fit plug and play. 9005 bulbs are a "high beam " bulb. /B]

#14 ·
9005 is 65 watt i believe. The 9006 is 55 watt. Nonetheless good tip. Thanks. What are some options for me besides factory fogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.