DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gas siphoning 2005 caravan

16K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  xswinnyx 
#1 ·
can u siphon gas from a 2005 dodge caravan se?

#6 ·
Some Of The New Car Have A Screen In The Tube So You Can't Get A Hose Down To The Tank.

#9 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all new cars have the screen.

#10 ·
Most cars have the screen, I do not know how many.

If you're that worried, why not get a locking gas cap? They're cheap and added protection.

I know that there has already been a few cases of people siphoning gas here and gas is still under $3.50 per gallon.

Hardly like say, a station mentioned by NBC in DC tonight thats already up over $5.80 per gallon (which is, no doubt, price goudging... and highly illegal, prices are raising and justifibly so.. but not yet THAT much!).

Anyone know what year they started installing screens?

#11 ·
Early to mid 80's.

#12 ·
I'd just buy a locking gas cap if your worried. Thats what I did. Gas siphening is becoming a big problem here in Winnipeg, Canada where price is $1.20/litre ($4.50/Gallon) two/three weeks ago it was $0.92/litre ($3.48/Gallon) and there are alot of people that can't afford gas now and have resorted to siphening from others.

I haven't heard of this screen before... because there can be legit reasons for siphening gas from your own vehicle. but just to be on the safe side I'd recommend buying a locking gas cap. They don't cost alot.

#13 ·
to all who replied there is a screen i found this out from dodge itself and yes gas siphoning is a big problem here in florida.and as far as the locking gas cap goes all of the autoparts dealers are out of them right now. thanks to all who helped

#14 ·
I could be wrong, but I don't buy this screen story. There's an easy way to figure it out for yourself. Just pull the filler tube out and look for yourself. There are four bolts holding it at the top of the filler neck. Where the tube goes into the tank, it's not secured with anything, just slid in through a rubber gasket. Just wiggle it out. I had mine out when I replaced the fuel pump, and there was no screen on my tube.

I'd be interested to know if I'm right or wrong on this.

Rick

#16 ·
Hello,
I try to siphoning gas from my 2004 grand Caravan and it work.
No problem. Oh and that was to fill up my Lawn mower.
To lazy to get gas from the station service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.