DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rear End Chatter

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  milo55 
#1 ·
Ok guys help me out here. I just got back from vacation and I noticed every time I did a hard right or left turn at low speed I have a chatter or grabing feeling in the rear end. I have the posi rear end if that helps. :help:

#2 ·
you need to go to the dealership and get some of their posi-additive,i know the dealership isnt what you wanted to hear but their's is good for what you need.get two small bottles and add to the differential,go out and do a few figure 8's in a parking lot and let it work it self in.should be gone in a few days.the clutches should be much quieter after the additive,i use the stuff myself and i'm due for some more already.

#3 ·
slammed1 said:
you need to go to the dealership and get some of their posi-additive,i know the dealership isnt what you wanted to hear but their's is good for what you need.get two small bottles and add to the differential,go out and do a few figure 8's in a parking lot and let it work it self in.should be gone in a few days.the clutches should be much quieter after the additive,i use the stuff myself and i'm due for some more already.
Thanks slammed1, but I only have 9000 miles on my truck since they replaced the rear end fluids. Do you think I need it done again already?

#4 ·
if the tech or lube guy didnt add the additive,also even new trucks need some additive off the transports.Working at the dealer I couldnt tell you how many complaints we addressed for the noise in rear end while turning and all were solved with the additive.I hope the tech that did your fluid change realized it was a trac-loc and added the fluid,it would be wise to go ahead and add a bottle just for good measure.

#6 ·
LOL paying it off, I'm 20k away! hell yeah i'm drunk as a MO-FO but i'd make sure you'r lube tech serviced it w/ the right weight for your rear end or check u-bolt tightness.

#7 ·
Sounds as if your anti-spin differential is working just as it should. You may want to find a vacant parking lot and do several low-speed figure eights and see if that helps any........but I would not worry.
Greg

#9 ·
Al, That happened to my 2000, Ram after I towed my boat back from FLA. The dealer told me after the fluid change that I needed cluches in the rear end? They did it under warranty and I never had the problem again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.