DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Build Date for 2013 Dually

12K views 76 replies 21 participants last post by  Ram3500Dually 
#1 ·
Got my build date for my 2013 dually. As promised it will be on the line first day of production and at the front of the list. First day of production for the 3500's is Feb 25th and my truck is scheduled to be shipped just after midnight on the 28th.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My 2008 was shipped on July 14th and I had it on August 2nd in my driveway. My 2010 was shipped on Jan 9th and I had it in my driveway on Jan 26th so I am hoping for the Middle of March...

#4 ·
can't wait to see it!

#5 ·
Looking forward to it!

#6 ·
Congratulations! I've got a Laramie 2500 6.7L CTD SRW Mega Cab on order but haven't gotten any details excpet that I will be able to pick it up as early as 15 June.

I can't wait to see pictures of your beast and share pictures of mine!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

#7 ·
Just got off the phone. Spent the last hour trying to find someone in Mexico that spoke english and could tell me what was going on. My truck is built along with 9 others. The first 10 were sent to quality audit. There is a MAJOR problem in the frame. All 3500's have been put on hold until they figure out and rectify the problem. Chances are my truck is going to be sent to the crusher along with the other 9. Decision hasn't been made yet. They will not tell me EXACTLY what the problem is but there IS a problem. Stay tuned.............

#8 ·
Well that sucks... I'm interested to see what the problem is.

#11 ·
interesting, good to see QC is doing its job

#12 ·
Craaaaaap!
I'm anxious for updates.

#13 ·
At least they caught it.

#15 ·
That was my thoughts too.

#14 ·
yeah, rather catch it now rather than when you have it and are using it for something important

#16 ·
WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH DODGE??? THE 2500 AND 3500 WON'T BE AVAILABLE UNTIL ALMOST CLOSE TO THE 2014 MODLE YEAR. WHAT GIVES? THEY TRYING TO FORCE US TO THE OTHER SIDE THAT WILL PROBABLY BEAT DODGE TO THE 2013's 2500 AND 3500's I WENT TO MY LOCAL DEALER BACK IN NOV AND WAS TOLD THEY WOULD NOT EVEN START PRODUCTION UNTIL THE FIRST QTR OF 2013. I COULD NOT EVEN GET ANY LITERATURE. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT IF I HAD A TRUCK BUILT IT WOULD TAKE 2-3MONTHS BEFORE I WOULD GET IT. LOOKS LIKE THE GUY WASN'T LYING TO ME. UNBELIEVABLE.

#18 ·
Why are you yelling? 2500's have been in production since January 5th. And ANYTIME you order from ANY company it will take 2 to 3 months for delivery. Every company tells you 8 to 12 weeks for delivery of an ordered vehicle.

#17 ·
:popcorn:

#20 ·
You got lucky. Must not have had any orders at that time. It takes anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks just to get from Mexico to Detroit by train AFTER it has cleared all the hurdles at the plant and gets to shipping. There are usually 30 days of orders in the bank, so you are already at 2 months...

#21 ·
I read on allpar the other day that the ordering system for the 2013 HDs will only now allow 3.42 rear gear for srw trucks. (This was also confirmed through a Chrysler souce that srw truck will only be built with a 3.42 rear gear) DRW trucks can still be optioned with either the 3.42, 3.73 or 4.10 rear gear though.

#22 ·
Wonder why they are only doing 3.42s on SRW trucks and aren't they putting the Hemi in 3500 SRW as well and will that get stuck with a 3.42 as well?

#23 ·
Wyat I read that to but can't find it back. If you can find it post the link. If I understood it correctly it went on to briefly explain why. Something about more torque lower and more HP higher in the rpm range and better mileage. Basically no value in having lower gears with the top power setup. I took it as refinements and tuning of the engine and transmission. I also thought lower gears have to provide more capacity but if gears are not the deciding factor in maximum ability or ratings then maybe their was again no value in offering lower gears with that package.

#24 ·
#26 ·
Kind of like my Jeep coming with 3.09 gears and no option to change to 3.45 like the V6 and 3.0L diesel will get. They say it's because of the new 8 speed, but I still want the option for lower gears dammit!

#27 ·
X2 ... anything less than a 4.10 R&P in a 4x4 just isn't right.

:imo

#29 ·
Shipped to storage. Ship date of March 26th :(

Attachments

#34 ·
I might have missed it elsewhere, but what ended up happening to your truck? Last I saw, you were afraid it might be going to the crusher due to frame issues.

#30 ·
you can always go down and get it :D

#36 ·
Would they let haul or drive it home yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.