DodgeTalk Forum banner

What ya got?

Votes: 516 38.5%

Votes: 826 61.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

What ya got under the hood?(318 or 360 cubic inches)

129K views 566 replies 395 participants last post by  Womack88 
#1 · (Edited)
Always wanted to know.Thanx.

#227 · (Edited)
BigCE said:
YEAH ITS BIGGER THEN A HEMI

lol got a 360 with flowmaster exhaust gibson headers and K&N cold air, not sure why everybody thinks it only pulls to 4000rpm had mine to 5700 before shifting, and another the 318 blows for spinnig around 360 is way better I only need 2000rpm to light em up threw a intersection and i got heavy year round tires. I have drivin both 318 and 360 and my 360 2500 ext cab will smoke any 318 plus as of yesterday the new charger aprently.

^ I need some of whatever you are on.

So you are saying a heavier vehicle that makes less hp & torque, can out accelerate a lighter vehicle that has more hp & tq...

#228 ·
chizzle1 said:
^ I need some of whatever you are on.

So you are saying a heavier vehicle that makes less hp & torque, can out accelerate a lighter vehicle that has more hp & tq...
Maybe he meant the 2.7 with Grandma and all of her Sunday shopping buddies loaded up in it!

#230 ·
BigCE said:
My 360 has more Hp and torque then the hemi I really dont no why everybody thinks they are so slow all I have is bolt on preformance and I thik its a great engine.
Your modified engine has more HP and torque than the hemi...do the same mods to the HEMI and you will still be left in the dust.

Edit: Reviewing your post again - you said you only have exhaust, headers, and a cold air intake, and you think you have more HP and Torque than a HEMI? You are mistaken my friend...that HEMI will still walk on you.

#231 ·
What kind of hemi are u thinking about there not that powerfull, i work with a guy who has a stock hemi and it isent that great he complains about its lack of power all the time but dosent do anything about it. i would uess the charger i raced had a stock hemi and it sure looked like he was trying but i did stay ahead of him.

#233 ·
Grantman31 said:
Edit: Reviewing your post again - you said you only have exhaust, headers, and a cold air intake, and you think you have more HP and Torque than a HEMI? You are mistaken my friend...that HEMI will still walk on you.
:stu:

BigCE said:
What kind of hemi are u thinking about there not that powerfull, i work with a guy who has a stock hemi and it isent that great he complains about its lack of power all the time but dosent do anything about it. i would uess the charger i raced had a stock hemi and it sure looked like he was trying but i did stay ahead of him.
:gr_bs: Put up a 1/4 or 1/8 mile ET.

My wife's D (which is heavier than a charger) can stay on the rear bumper of my truck up to 50 mph and be on my front bumper by the time I hit 75 mph.
Take the same Hemi engine, stick it in a lighter car...
I don't care what kind of headers & CAI you got, it aint gonna happen.
And with the mods you have listed, I'd dare say mine is probably a little quicker than yours.

#234 ·
I highly doubt it....

From Kelley Blue Book specs page on a 05 Dodge Ram Hemi....

Horsepower 345 @ 5400 RPM
Torque 375 @ 4200 RPM

Versus a 01 Ram with the 5.9.

Horsepower 245 @ 4000 RPM
Torque 345 @ 3200 RPM

I love my 360 over my 318 power wise...gas mileage sucks...but it's a truck....If I want gas mileage I just need to get another cycle which hopefully I can afford next spring. I'm guessin the driver didn't really push it or didn't know how to drive or didn't realize you were racing till they were already behind. Your power to rate ratio versus that charger is abysmal.

#235 ·
488 CID 8.0L V10 :rck:

Awesome flatline torque curve, and more torque off idle than a Hemi ever makes at any rpm.

Who tows stuff on the highway at 4200rpm anyways :thatfunny

#238 ·
#239 ·
#242 ·
you can't 'disguise' something by explaining the amount of displacement in liters vs cubic inches.
I did not understand (and still don't fully) what you meant by that statement.
Hell, mine doesn't say 318 either but that doesn't change the fact that it is what it is. a 5.2L .

#243 ·
5.9 360, baby.

#245 ·
Originaljando said:
Congrats on getting that beautiful Ram:cool:
Post some pictures of it when you can.
And welcome to DodgeTalk!
Thanks! Pictures will come after some snow melts away, LOL! The first day I had it, was our first snow!! (Booo! :mad: )

#251 ·
97 2500 4x4. 360 bored and stroked to 408ci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.