DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

called dealer service dept

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mikey j 
#1 ·
What a crock of Sh#$t !! i recently found out my 2013 4x4 cc sport does not have LSD in the rear i just called to find out about having it done and upgrading the gears, i was told they wouldn't do it or if they did they wouldn't gaurantee it and it would void my warranty . I told them if i had known this truck didnt come with the lsd i would have walked out. i was also asking about the front dif if it would accept 4.56 gears or do i have to go to a 2011 front dif assembly to have it done and he said i never heard that ? WTF

#2 ·
Sucks that your truck didn't come the way you wanted it. I'm not surprised that they didn't know about needing an older front end to accept the 4.56's. Like maybe 5 guys on here have done that mod. Not exactly common knowledge.

#3 ·
I guess you should have double checked your needed spec's before signing on the dotted line no on to blame but yourself as far as that goes

Good luck getting them to do anything as it is not the manufacturer's fault that you did not read the build sheet to see what the truck did or did not come with

Hope you are able to accomplish what you want.

It will only void your warranty for the replaced gears. and possibly the CV joints cause of the extra torque/stress

I know this cause I went through it with my old 07 I went from 3:55 to 4:10 and before I did the gear swap I talked it over with my service writer whom I have been working with for well over 15yrs.

They cant just void your complete warranty just the parts that were changed out and parts that could be affected by the change

GOOD LUCK

#4 ·
I called another dealer that advertised they do performance work i am waiting for them to call back they are looking into what is needed to do the install . i just couldn't believe they told me if i take the rear diff cover off it voids my warranty !! i asked how do you change the fluid ? SMH ...

I am hoping the few guys that have done this mod will get back to me on how big of a job it is and what is exactly needed so i can start the ordering process .

#5 ·
i just couldn't believe they told me if i take the rear diff cover off it voids my warranty !! i asked how do you change the fluid ?
on this quote alone I would find another dealer this guy is a joke and just trying to make sure all service work is done there GO TO A 5 STAR dealer those 5 stars are earned not given

#6 ·
sorry to hear about that... just curious how did you found out it didnt have LSD?

#7 ·
power breaking only one wheel spun .
I talked with another dealer and he said he looked into the front dif and dodge wont even give them clearance to open it up so he called his aftermarket parts place and is waiting for them to get back to him if there is anything available

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.