DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOLT PATTERN WHEELS DIFFERENCE 81-84 and 86-90

80K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  doodlebug 
#1 ·
would the stock wheels on a 84 dodge ram d100 fit on a stock 87 dodge ram d150 :help:

#2 ·
My 82 is still the small pattern----5 on 4-1/2"
I think by 85 on up to at least 93 all of them were the same-----5 on 5-1/2"---same as ford truck (but those wheels' center too small for the Dodge) and Jeep
I see you have an 83 in your signiture----pop a hubcap and have a look, if they are different sizes----it WILL be VERY noticable

#3 ·
I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/2 for short wheel base 2wd trucks, and 5 on 5-1/2 for long wheel base and all 4wd trucks, that is the pattern i have noticed in the d100's, d150's, and RC's that i have seen.

#9 ·
Actually, according to the email that Chrysler sent me with a list of the options on my truck, it has the 46RE transmission. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll change my sig.:)

#8 ·
4X4 started the bigger pattern in 80 or 81; I've heard of some '79s with PART TIME 4WD from the factory with the 5 on 5-1/2. My 81 W 150 had the bigger pattern.
Even B vans were the same way; my buddy used to have an 87; his rear end went bad; we got one out of an 84; worked fine with a swap of the original 87 axles into the 84 housing so he didn't need 2 spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.