DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006-11 KORE High Angle Inner CV Joint review

18K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  stangs13 
#1 ·
Alright, here are my impressions of these little, wait... HUGE joints.

Pathetic stockers!!!

In my opinion, these are an absolute MUST HAVE for ANY lifted or pre-running aspired IFS truck. Point. Blank. Period.

I have an 06 1500 4x4 with a 6" Zone lift, Bilstein 5100's maxed at 2.0" and 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Ttc's

The stock joints have 3 ball bearings, the Kore's have 6. So they basically doubles the travel of your inner cv's.

On road: Before I had these joints installed, I had a pretty harsh vibration when slowing down in traffic, especially to a complete stop. Now, most of this vibration is gone, due to the added articulation of these joints. Since I took off my sway bar for added flex and a better ride on the road, the truck obviously has more body roll. With these cv's, I can take a turn much faster due to more movement in the suspension, the body roll seems less than before I had them installed. When I go over a bump or a set of train tracks, it doesn't feel like the travel is being limited by something. I'm sure you lifted guys know how it feels, but any feeling of limitation I had before, it is pretty much gone. I also feel like my turning radius has gotten somewhat better, even though it is already horrible with a 6 inch lift kit that increases the width of the truck.

Off road: Now this is where these things really shine, since they are the heart of Kore suspension's kits. Well, I went out to my hunting club last night. The roads out there are far from being smooth. Before I had the cv's installed, the max speed I would go on the roughest club road would be 25 max. My suspension would throw me all over the place, almost flipped a few times actually. I took this road going 40 mph last night, and I could not believe the difference. Yeah, any timber track isn't going to be the smoothest ride, but with the Kore Cv's, it makes life alot easier, especially when you're grabbing it by the horns. I tore through the track, hell bent on really seeing if my investment was worth it. There are a few spots around the club that have some a few little holes that dip down about 2 feet that I would usually go 10 or 15 over. Well, I tried them going 30. The front of the truck shot up like before, but I could feel the cv's doing their thing: staying planted to the ground while the nose of my truck shot to the sky. Hitting 55 mph on a few less than harsh roads, it was a blast and I have never felt more comfortable hauling ass off the pavement! That might have been the most fun off road I have ever had thus far.
I will be running 37's with these once my 35's wear out.
If you want to increase your ride quality, wheel travel, and just have a heck of a lot more fun, get yourself some Kore Cv's!

Before:

After:

Hope y'all found this review helpful. Needless to say, I am extremely satisfied!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I am glad you are enjoying them! They look awesome under your truck!:rck:

#4 ·
I need a set.

#8 ·
Did you do the install yourself? If so how hard was it?

#11 ·
Also RCV will make you a set of axles for a low low price of 2400 lol.. I know these Kore inners are not cheap I wander if its really needed or a better upgrade to do a hole axle set. I also wonder if any one else makes a upgraded CV axle.

#12 ·
The stock outer joints can articulate up to 30 degrees, just like the Kore inners. The stock inners can only go up to 15 degrees, that's why the Kores are utilized and are the weak point of our 1500 suspension. Rcv axles would be a luxury to be sure, but can't justify spending 4x as much as I did on the kores for a set. However, a beefier half shaft would be nice

#13 ·
I cranked my tbars and had a horrible vibration in the front end when I engaged the 4wd. Then I started going thru drive axle's. Went thru 3 in 4 months or so. I found out that they were at to steep of an angle. I lowered it down to about an inch higher than stock and all is well ever since. These are a great buy I have heard from friends and on here...but if I recall aren't they 600 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.