DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

truck stuck in 4 wheel drive mode

56K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rockmanm35 
#1 ·
today it rained//snowed on the way to work. i had the truck in 4 wheel high. i never got my speeds above 35 to 40 mph on my trip. when i turned in to the parking lot at work my truck started hopping. i immediately took the truck out of 4 wheel drive. i figured it was hopping because it was in 4wheel high. as i turned into a parking stall the truck started to hop again even though i was in 2 wheel drive. i made a few trips around the parking lot. the truck seems as it wont leave 4 wheel drive as it hops when i make turns. the 4x4 light is not on indicating the truck is not in 4 wheel drive. the 4x4 shifter will shift from 4 high through neutral to 4 lo and back. but when ever i drive it in 2wheel mode it still feels like its in 4wheel mode. i never had this problem before usually i just throw the selection lever in 2 wheel drive position then im good. any suggestions on how to get my truck unstuck?

#2 ·
I'm not 100% ... there has been some threads where members have had problems like this and it was dirty wiring harness connections or solenoids. The first thing I would try is a spray wash to clean the tranny and then put some dialectic grease inside the connectors. If that doesn’t solve it, I have a tranny shop give it a quick look.

#3 ·
Mine did this the other day. I actually had to revert to old school 4x4 methods. Stop, drive in reverse for about 15-20 feet, then go forward again. You have this feeling like something is "dragging"

#4 ·
x2 my brother had same problem in 06 dakota and this fixed it. Its actually what the dealership said to try.

#6 ·
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.