DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 ram headlights

56K views 160 replies 40 participants last post by  wingerak92 
#1 ·
#70 ·
the step is to keep the light out of passing traffic's eyes. You get to have a slightly higher beam in front of you, but a slightly lower beam to your left.

#71 ·
That's interesting on the new quads. I thought they were a direct carry over from 2012...

#73 ·
from what I read, the bowl was changed a bit to get more lightout from the H11 bulb. But, I haven't seen one opened up yet to verify.

Guess thats why I get flashed sometimes eh... How do I fix this?
lower the aim a bit

What I am commenting on is the step found in projectors. ;)

#75 ·
Hmmm well I suppose that makes sense, I'll allow this answer. lol

#80 ·
welcome!

I'll let ya slide on the no pics......since you are new here........but......pics? :D

#83 ·
#85 ·
it runs $25 up there. its sent as a gift (USPS) so it shouldn't be bad on taxes, if any are gathered.

#86 ·
Duty cost me $29 on 4 sets of hid's, and a set of retro headlights from JJ.

#87 ·
yeah, little different on the big o' packages of stuff! :)

At least from what I've seen.....

#95 ·
Geez... I thought 6K was supposed to be white? And going up meant it got bluer... where'd the green come from?

These are just the regular factory projectors with a set of HIDs installed? Which HID kit is it?

#96 · (Edited)
It's not green, photo was taken with my phone! They're pretty much white with slight blue! this is why I wasn't going to post pics because all i have is my phone for a camera and the poor quality!

The buiding i took the pic aginst is yellow so maybe the slight blue from the hid's ad the yellow building is making it look green!

And the hid's are both philips ballasts and bulbs in the factory projectors! This is my truck that is posted above that you can see the lights aren't green!

#97 ·
Bringing this back from the dead here!

So, a few updates.........

The mounting plates are in production, my first batch hits my shop early next week. These will allow me to mount the FX-R HID projectors into the '13 lamps.

Second part.........a plug n play wiring harness for these. I successfully rigged one together, then shipped it to my supplier for replication. :D We found that the plug on these headlights is a proprietary plug to.........VW. HA! So......

I called the VW this week and ordered in a plug. :D

taking the light to the dealer to test fit. LOL

Got some weird looks in there........haha!

das plug

Didn't fit. wouldn't go in all the way.........

so......I took a look inside the stock plug.

that stupid white tab, push that in

and.........

she fits!

So, I looked at the guy.......asked him how many he had in the various warehouses.

I said "make that 6 please, I'll take 100". :D:D

Should have them in next week and I'll get them over to the supplier for pinning and wiring to the H13 plugs. ;)

Probably looking about about 3-4 weeks from now and we'll be golden.

#98 · (Edited)
Wanna throw a couple of those harnesses in with my order? Or at least the VW part number and I'll pick a set up from a local dealership. I'm glad I didn't solder anything, lol.

#99 ·
Wanna throw a couple of those harnesses in with my order? I'm glad I didn't solder anything, lol.
your order will be shipped WAY before these harnesses are ready. Heck, your fogs are here now, cut and ready to be boxed to ship. If I didn't get sick last weekend - they would have went out Monday. :mad:

These harnesses are about.........3-4 weeks out right now bud.

#102 ·
pricing will be revealed when the product is in my hand.

I'm hoping to keep it WELL under $100. Considering the cost of the plugs (3 plugs per side, 1 proprietary) and all the wiring, etc......well, it won't be a cheap setup, but it won't be anywhere near the $175 from the dealer for the entire front end wiring either. (which I bought for the first set to test). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.