DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacing fuel injector?

15K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  06trxhemi 
#1 ·
So I tried searching but couldn't find a DIY on replacing a fuel injector? I'm almost positive I have a leaking fuel injector. So I'm going to do a tune up soon, and hopefully find a plug that looks wet. That should tell me what injector is leaking, correct? So anyone have any advice on replacing one? And is my train of thought correct in finding which injector is leaking? :confused: Thanks in advance folks! :worthy:

#2 ·
you could pull the injector and check for damage to the O-ring. first thing you do is pull the fuel pump fuse while the truck is running then let it die. turn the key off. undo the positive to the battery. disconnect the injector plugs. unbolt the fuel rail. its 2 bolts for each side. pop the clip off the injector and pull the injector. make sure you have plenty of rags to collect the fuel that will come out when you pop off the injector. to reinstall the injector put some vasaline on the o-ring and slide it back in. reinstall the clip. Repeat as needed. make sure the injectors are seated nice before you install the fuel rail bolts. reinstall the connectors to the injectors and then battery and start it up and check for leaks. Be careful to clean up any excess fuel. A leaky o-ring could cause a fire.

#8 ·
i have 32 5.7 injectors let me know if you need some.they are all used but if you PM me an address ill send you what you need for the cost of shipping.

#9 ·
Sorry I haven't responded, been a hectic few days. Anyway I still haven't tore into my truck. The dealer said it's not covered under 70k/7 year, wishful thinking, and another place wanted $160 to replace the injector. So I think I'll try it myself. Will I know a bad injector when I see it? Or is it normally just a bad o-ring on these that causes a leak? Thanks again for your input guys, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.