DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

anti theft system

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rick99 
#1 ·
Anyone had any experience with the anti theft system on a 99 durango, a friend of mine a friend of mine had a replacement key made for hers and evidently it had the microchip in the original, ever since the system is crazy, headlights won't turn off, they flash part of the time, just seems to have a mind of it's own. Haven't had a chance to look at the truck yet, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Maybe how to disable it. I know this sounds crazy, but a friend was having problems with a similar gm system, pulled the fuse! End of story, real anti theft system!

Any help appreciated, she's on a tight budget and can't afford those dealer service charges.

#2 ·
A 99 does not have the chip in the key (SKIM). That did not start until 01.

#3 ·
yup. no chips in mine either. i didnt even have a stock alarm :(

#4 ·
x3 It sounds like a coincidental problem with the Central timer module-- it could be as simple as a bad door switch randomly causing the alarm to sound after the truck is locked.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, :eek: , the truck is an '02 and she made the mistake of having a spare key made without realizing, after using the "cut" key the system went haywire,the headlights won't turn off (have to disconnect battery) then when restarted they flash for quite a few miles but the horn doesn't honk. I've seen some posts about programming the alarm functions but as often happens the owners manual was separated from the truck, is there one to reset the system after its been tampered with?

#6 ·
If the problem were the chip in the key, the only symptom would be that the truck would start and then shut off after a couple seconds. You wouldn't be able to drive it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.