DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

4G headlights

3K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Cool_Breeze 
#1 ·
how are the headlights on the 90 4g compared to a 04' 3g ram. mine suck, and i was wondering if another benefit of getting a newer truck would be nicer headlights. how do you guys fare in the dark?

#4 ·
on the 4g, when you have the high beams on, do the low beams stay on?

#5 ·
If you have the DUEL beam ( one bulb for both Hi & Low) NO.

I'm not sure on the Quad beam set up but I would so no as well.

However on the 3rd Gen you could hold the dimmer back & get a little more light & If you had fogs you could wire them up to stay on with the brights.

I don't have fog lights so I added a set of hellas behind the grill with 3000K hid & 4300K (soon to be 5000K) in the duel headlights. Seeing is not an issue..

#7 ·
WIth my QUads, the lows stay on with the Highs. The Highs are my daytime drivers too though. (Canada)

#8 ·
A quad equipped truck will keep the lows on with the highs. ;)

Light output still blows though. I can fix that though. :D

#9 ·
Haha, Well, on October 31st my improvements left the border (as per the tracking number) so shouldn't be much longer

#11 ·
#12 ·
I'm with Matt. After having quality headlights anything halogen seems like the dark ages.

#13 ·
Yes, the lows stay on with the highs on the quad lights. And yes, halogen sucks....

And yes, HIDs rock!!! I want to get projectors so bad!! But oh well....

To fully utilize HIDs, projectors are the shit. But even HIDs in the stock lights is an amazing difference over halogens.

#14 ·
I have a 35watt retro kit. No projectors. Will that be a nice upgrade or should i scrap it for something else?

#15 ·
That will work man....better than stock for sure! :rck:

I left my high beams stock. I typically never use them anyway. With 6000K heads and fogs, I'm pretty much set anyway.

#16 ·
im thinking of scraping them for the 55watt kit. opinions? im almost worried about glare and blinding people with the 55watt hids. does the retro kit have a high and a low, cause the 04 ram only has room for one headlight!

#17 ·
I went from an 05 to 12' and part of the reason I love my truck is because I can actually see the road! I get people flashing me when I drive out where it is really dark because they are pretty fkn bright. HID are obviously better but to answer your question the 4g light are way better then 3g!

#18 ·
I have the 55 watt set up with projectors, got them from Jeremy (0212353). Had them for a year or so and have never been flashed by oncoming traffic.

#20 ·
If you're looking to upgrade to hids, check out the link to our group buy below. If you are looking for. Retrofit, we can help you out there as well.

#22 ·
i have stock now (well i just installed 80/100s but i am probably not keeping them long. stop gap) and 35watt retros sitting in a box. been debating installing them or biting the bullet and buying a 55 instead, and ebaying these 35watts. do the retro kits have a low and a high beam? or am i just going to have one setting now?

#25 ·
I got hids from retrosolutions.com and love them there are really bright my dims are brighter that stocks on brights use the code lite4u and you will save 10% they are alittle expensive but worth every penny

#26 ·
Cool breeze, were those 35s or 55s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.