DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's a TDM coupon

9K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  scottyk246 
#1 ·
Trying to work out a deal on a new Laramie. My dealer says if I have an owner loyalty coupon (TDM) I'll save an addition $2,000 off of MSRP. I'm already looking at $11,000 off of MSRP with all the other discounts and he says if I have the TDM coupon I'll get that extra $2,000 off. He says they would have mailed it to me. I've bought 2 Dodge Chargers in the last three years, but I've never received a coupon in the mail of any sort. Does anyone know what this coupon is and where I can get one?

Thanks, Doug

#2 ·
I have been looking around online a bit, as this was something new to me as well. From what I could find, TDM stands for Targeted Direct Mail. Targeted Direct Mail appears to be exactly what they are telling you it is, although I haven't been able to find information on one above $500. TDM's appear to be regional, and they also appear to be valid for only about 3 months.

#6 ·
Your dealer can call Chrysler and match your name and address up to find out what your bonus cash is. I got a mailing for $2000 and tossed it, not knowing you had to present it to the dealer but they made a call and got it figured out and I got the $2000 anyway.

#7 ·
I wonder if this would also work for someone that didn't get the mailing....in other words for people that were not "targeted".

When I asked my dealer yesterday if he could make calls about it he said he wouldn't even know who to call. Could it be that they didn't really get the $2,000 off for you from the TDM but used bonus bucks or something else? Any chance you can find out who or what number they called? You'd be a hero because that could save many of us $$$$.

Thanks, Doug

#8 ·
Sorry bud, I just called the sales manager at the dealership where I bought my truck and tried to get the number. He told me only a dealer can call that number. All they need is your name and address. He also told me there was no rhyme or reason to the mailings, the only stipulation he knew about for sure was your current Chrysler product had to be purchased new. I had an '07 Ram I bought new, and got the max rebate of $2000. My understanding of this is if you did not get a mailing, you are not eligible for this particular program. Most people are still getting $9-$11k off sticker anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.