DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedo/tach full sweep at startup??

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  MileHighRango 
#1 ·
The battery in my wife's durango s!@t the bed, replaced the battery. and now when you turn the key on the speedo/tach sweep to full then back down. I swear it didn't do this before. Am i crazy or just not attentive?? My wfie says it did this since we bought it.

#3 ·
Thanks man, this morning fired up the car and it's not moving the tach/speedo like it was, they work fine otherwise. I hate electrical gremlins!!

#4 · (Edited)
it's not a gremlin.. it's the cluster doing a self diagnostic after the battery was removed. You can trigger one by holding the trip reset button while turning the key on.

#5 ·
Thanks man!! gunna try it tomorrow morning, any other cool things you can do by pushing a button at start up??

#6 ·
You can recalibrate the throttle by turning the key on(don't start it) press and release the throttle..

You can turn off the seat belt reminder chime by turn the key on, click and unclick the seat belt 3 times.. I can't remember if you have to leave it clicked or unclicked..

I'd have to find my cheat sheet for more..

#7 ·
I want this cheat sheet you speak of!! Isn't there also a way to reprogram Keyes? And show error codes?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
show codes is the key trick..

yes it says how to program keys, trigger the mirrors to pan down in reverse, etc...

Not sure where I put it.. it was in with my user manual.

#10 ·
Gold if you wouldn't mind sending that to me that would be great! The mirror sweep down would be so helpful here where the parking spots are designed around a Prius

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.